Militarum Scions tactics/allies

sargo69

Hi all,

Recently picked up some second hand models, namely an imperial knight and some scions!

Since 4th ed (i've only come back recently) i've liked the idea of allying in stormtroopers and knights.

I was going to do grey knights, with a knight and a scions squad. Scions running in a valkrie with meltaguns to counter gk's anti air/anti tank issues.

Can you ally in 3 armies?

Also has anyone seen a list like this/any pointers?

Thanks!

In this case you can as Knights are (I think) a lord of war choice. You would also need a scion command squad in order to feild the scions.

Anyone got a rough idea on what units I should be running/my ideas were correct?

Well I would recomend a good infantry platoon (like at leats 3 squads) to protect your knight, some leaman russed to take away some anti tank fire, and use the scions either out of the normal dex or as allies (your choice) to offer some deep striking disruption. And maybe a Vendetta as anti air unless you get a hydra or agis defence line.

New rules are you can take any number of allies as long as they are from a different dex as your main detachment (you can also take more full detachments of different factions if you would like.) Also, gk, knight, and IG/stormtroopers sounds like a good mix of units that cover each others' weaknesses well, please tell us how it ends up for you.

Archived