Mixing Steel Legion with Death Korps Colour Scheme?

I'm mixing the metal steel legion from GW with the resin Death Korps models from forgeworld for my army but I can't decide what scheme to go with, I've had numerous ideas but I always go off them.

For example I was thinking of just going grey with brown boots/gloves and black helmet but I thought that may be a bit boring.

Then I was thinking of using Steel Legion drab but I'm not sure how to highlight and wash it, it doesn't quite look like the steel legion colour you see on the website.

Then I was thinking of maybe a doombull brown coat but still not sure.

I tend to do grey bases using astrogranite texture with longbeard grey dry bush and some mordheim turf tufts but I'm opening to changing it and maybe using armageddon dust or Stirland mud.

Do you guys have any suggestions or ideas?

Any of those sound like they'd look good to me. I think to avoid a "boring" effect is to give them different coloured backpacks, use a colour for their bedrolls that offsets the main colour, or try giving them different colour pants (I got this idea from history -- German soldiers frequently had different colour pants because this was the part of their uniforms that wore-out fasest and it was not easy to reproduce the field grey outside of Germany).

Personally, I do my Death Korps troops with a German Field Grey coat and helmet, and Field Blue pants to give them a bit more colour. Here's a sample:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/4/4/600214_md-.jpg

Archived