Command Squad Question

Grizwald23

Are command squads attached to a Preator allowed to join another squad for example a tactical squad.

My other question is what do you guys find as being the best Loadout for this squad. I am thinking of giving them combat shields some power weapons and a power fist to use as a close combat unit. I know command squads arn't not the best squad by far however I still think they are cool and I think a command squad with Breacher shields will look badass. I like to build my army by the rule of cool why still trying to stay semi-competitve.

Thanks for the help guys

Yes he can.

Having a praetor allows for this unit, which in any other regard has nothing to do with the praetor rulewise. Can even be deployed differently.

I find it hard to make them work. Close to useless without options for special weapon like 40k, and all options seem expensive, and not enough staying power compared to veterans in melee, regarding power weapons.

The only thing they got going on is 2+ armour.

Sorry I don't think I asked my first question clearly I know that a praetor doesn't have to be with a command squad. I am trying to see if a praetor is in a command squad can the command squad and praetor join with another squad for example a tactical squad or Breacher squad so all three would be together or if a command squad can join a squad. I didn't think this was possible but someone told me it was so I am trying to see if it is true.

Nope, he's just a normal independent character and they're just a normal squad, he can't glue them together with another squad.  The only thing really different about the command squad is that they share the Praetor's force org slot and can only be purchased with a Praetor.  Whoever told you that was mistaken.

I really like the command squad in two general loadouts.  The first is on bikes or jetbikes with the Praetor, as a melee unit with built-in mobility and extra toughness.  The second is that it's the only way to get a <5 man terminator squad, so that you could fit the Praetor + 3-4 terminators in a Land Raider.  Which is good if you're trying to do a terminator squad in a transport on a tight budget (either money or point-wise).

Nope, he's just a normal independent character and they're just a normal squad, he can't glue them together with another squad.  The only thing really different about the command squad is that they share the Praetor's force org slot and can only be purchased with a Praetor.  Whoever told you that was mistaken.

I really like the command squad in two general loadouts.  The first is on bikes or jetbikes with the Praetor, as a melee unit with built-in mobility and extra toughness.  The second is that it's the only way to get a <5 man terminator squad, so that you could fit the Praetor + 3-4 terminators in a Land Raider.  Which is good if you're trying to do a terminator squad in a transport on a tight budget (either money or point-wise).

I was thinking of doing a jetbike commandstar for my dark angels, but thought a little better of it and think that just a regular bike squad might be better due to their point cost.

However I might still be doing a jetbike command star anyway lol for cool fluff points.

That WS 5 is actually really useful against things like terminators because it's easier to hit with your guys, and the terminators have to roll 5s to hit you. I found this out the hard way as Athrawes command squad easily made back it's points due to fearless and the WS5.

My question is why can't you take special weapons on either bikes? It's kinda stupid IMHO, I know that your command squad should be in assault, however it'd be nice if they could pop off some more plasma or volkite shots instead of bolter rounds

They do make a tough assault squad with a very high damage output. I think they need a pride of the legion land raider in this case. I'm going to use a squad with axes and combat shields to accompany Sigismund. They will eat elite squads for breakfast.

The fearless bubble could also be useful for footsloggers.

Archived