Raven Guard 2000pts

Ania Redfang

Hi all, I've tried to use all of the RG specific units in this, which when it's done will be the basis for my collection, so it need not be competitive I just want it to do OK and look good on the tabletop. Anyway here goes.

2000pts

HQ

Praetor

Artificer Armour

Jump Pack

Iron Halo

Pair of Raven's Talons

Melta Bombs

Rite of War: Decapitation Strike

Troops

2x 15 man Tactical Squads

Melta bomb on sergeants

Extra close combat weapons

5 man Tactical support squad

Melta guns

Drop pod

Elites

Contemptor-mortis dreadnought

Auto cannon arms

8 man Mor Deythan Strike Squad

6 sniper rifles

1 missile launcher

Fast Attack

7 man dark fury squad

Melta bomb on sergeant

Darkwing storm eagle

Armoured ceramite

Heavy support

Sicarian battle tank

Lascannon sponsons

Armoured ceramite

All comments welcome. Thanks for looking

:)

Honestly, for a super fluffy list, the only sticking point I see, as of now, is the 5 man melta squad. I don't thing they'll be that effective because of armored Ceramite and it's prevalence among nearly all vehicles in 30k. You're also paying a heft premium for the minimum # of marines in that squad. I'd recommend (depending on if you can fit it points-wise) is maybe get a Couple of Rapier Batteries (1-3 per slot) to provide fire support and decent anti-armor with options like Lasdestroyer and Graviton Cannons. They Might not be the *Most* fluffy but I think they make for nice show pieces/ backfield fire support.

Yes, armored ceramite removes the additional D6 you would normally get from the Melta Special Rule, thus negating the grater part of its usefulness. Melta Bombs, however bypass this - I believe.

Slipstreams is right again, Armoured ceramite gives you immunity to the melta rule, which is why it's a good thing Melta Bombs have Armourbane, so they allow you to bypass the upgrade entirely, they can be a little bit tricky to use, but with your setup it shouldn't be too hard to run the enemy down.

Archived