advance on what to get next

Pyro X

so I'm looking to drops some cash soon and I was wondering what may be good to get.

atm I got a LRBT, demo russ, 3x valks, 90 inf squads, 3 heavy weapon teams, and 2 command squads.

I'm wanting to get more mech stuff though. I'm thinking of transports, more russ's, and other misc stuff.

1) wyverns - cheap yet effective anti infantry that can also snipe threats in their squad. They are quite possibly the best value per point in the codex but

2) you seem good on the bodies front but there are the new defense force box sets out there which are a pretty good bargain. They come with 20 infantry, pcs, 3 heavy weapons teams, a lrbt and a chimera for $165 US

3) get a super heavy transport - I like the doomhammer myself but a storm lord would also be a good investment. If you go this route though, you'd have to buy Apoc if you haven't already and you'd probably want a primaris psyker or two for prescience. Just pop your heavy weapons teams inside and let them all do their thing

Yup

"This plastic kit contains 295 components (no, that isn’t a typo) to make an Imperial Guard Doom Hammer. Alternatively, you can also make a Baneblade, Banehammer, Banesword, Hellhammer, Shadowsword, Stormlord or Stormsword super-heavy tank using this kit. Also included is 1 Transfer Sheet which can be used to add markings and insignia."

If you're familiar with magnetizing, you can set it up for all the superheavy tank variants that come in the box which is fantastic should you find yourself wanting to play apoc any time soon.  There's quite a few guides out there so I'd just google it.

Also, I do agree that getting some chimera's would be extremely beneficial.  I don't know why i didn't think of it last night

Um...magnetizing to get ALL of the variants out of the same kit is...hellishly hellish.  I think if you decide between either the turreted or turretless variants, you can magnetize for multiple variants for about 10% of the effort of making one that does all of them.  Besides...having the option between multiple variants isn't the same as being able to field multiple superheavies...three superheavies plus a thunderbolt in an unbound list FTW!!!!

Archived