Last Sisters purchase and what next?

Naminé

Just another hopefully fun thread to talk about:

What was the last thing you purchased for your Adepta Sororitas army and why?  Also, what are you looking to buy next?

I'll go first then;

What I bought:

A metal exorcist, new on sprue from ebay.

Why?:

I currently only have one Exorcist model and so this gives me the option of fielding two at once, as well as giving me an Immolator sprue to Sisters up an extra Rhino.  So I'm getting two Sistersy vehicles out of this!

Value for money?:

I paid £3 less then I would from GW, and get free delivery without having to commit to more models, so not bad but still pretty expensive :p

What do I want to buy next?:

a couple of meltagun models because I am lacking in numbers!

Go on, tell us what was the last thing you got!

I can't remember the last time I bought a SoB model... blink.png Think it was an Exo from the local model shop several years back? So unfortunately there's only one question I can properly answer and that's my next purchase. Or at least partially answer, as what I buy depends on what new SoB kit GW release first...

I recently took the plunge are bought a GW exorcist and added a SoB banner figure for free delivery

I think most people have seen my custom build version, I have enough bits to build another but thought, you know what the GW exo is iconic, so I thought grab it while you can

Funny next day was shown as unavailable, had me thinking did I buy GWs last exo? But know few days later came back in stock

DHD

LAst thing I bought... uh... a couple of metal canonesses, sans icon arm. The old combi-flamer ones. I think. Was a little while ago.

I've seen people paying silly money on ebay for these, sometimes over £20, nice model, I have 5 or 6 many bought on ebay over the years for a few quid each

Hum, my turn !

Last purchase was an exorcist awfully painted, like 3 layers of paint spread with the fingers. But 50% cheaper than GW, still worth it. Brake liquid bath and it's good to go !

Next purchase will be an immo or few meltas/flamers. When i'll have enough money :D

Bought a BA Baal Pradator last year.

One reason was, wanting a Rhino Chassis without Rhino Front, to custom build an Exorcist.

The other reason, needing a Twin-Linked Autocannon to complete the conversion of my old Landraider to a LR Redeemer.

And as added Bonus, three easily converted pieces of iconography, to finally add something to the Immolator ones.

As for next purchase, the way 40k is developing in relation to my taste, it'll probably be a feather duster.

• 2 weeks later...

My last purchase was an Immolator, 3 bolter girls and 2 sisters with meltaguns. That was a 5th edition Dominion squad I bought as a gift for a friend.

My next purchase will be plastic sisters. I have more than enough models from the existing line and I want something different. Something that I don't already have. Something more contemporary. Something sexy.

I'll wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Last purchase of sisters was 2 flamer and 2 bolter champs. Also a russ sprue cause i happened to have the other parts.

N fw wise after that was their flyer.

Next purchase will probably be more scions sadly. All the champ variants i was holding out on are out of print

LAst thing I bought... uh... a couple of metal canonesses, sans icon arm. The old combi-flamer ones. I think. Was a little while ago.

It's a nice model for sure, wouldn't mind having another one, but unless you find one in a lot like I did, they tend to go for high price, at least if the buyer knows what (s)he's selling.

Anyway, my contribution:

What I bought:

Just sealed the deal on: Immolator, Sister Superior with Power Maul (my third, but couldn't resist), 6 bolter Sisters. All should be new.

Why?:

Good price, and only had one Immolator so far - not quite enough especially with all the additional infantry recently!

Value for money?:

Quite good! Around 40 euros for the lot. Also got an Inquisitor and a few marine HQs in the process, but the SoB models came to roughly that price.

What do I want to buy next?:

Well, I'd probably need some more melta guns, perhaps another flamer. And four heavy flamers. Probably an original Exorcist (well, a second one wouldn't hurt, except by being so damn costly and a pain to build by all I've heard). At that point I reckon I'd be pretty much done with my Sisters collection. Unless I end up getting a third Immolator I guess tongue.png But the timeframe for the purchases is quite unknown. If I can find more second-hand lots for a decent price, could be sooner, if not, likely later.

Archived