Aerial tactics and us...

Solynnor

Hi fellow sororitas players,

I was wondering something as i was thinking about another list. How can we deal with ennemy air support if we don't take allies?

- Avenger strike fighter

- Something like Heavy stubber in fortress (don't remember exactly the configuration)

- Exorcist but on a 6+ hit?

- Throwing repentias through the air with a penitent machine?

Thanks !

See ya space cowgirls.

Dat AA Heavy Stubber though. (I assume you meant the Quad Gun.)

The Exorcist doesn't seem like a great option in terms of being able to hit anything, but you'll definitely scare your opponent into Jinking with the mere threat of it.

Yeah the quad gun indeed.

So it seems it will be a heavy slot anyway. I like the avenger so i think i'm gonna go this way but maybe try to put it in an allied force. I need 2 exo and a retributor squad in my main force.

Still don't know how to manage this.

Cheap Canoness, shift two troops squads into a second detachment, problem solved. msn-wink.gif

But i thought you couldn't have an allied force from the same codex than your main force? Or did i dream that?

Cheap Canoness, shift two troops squads into a second detachment, problem solved. msn-wink.gif

But i thought you couldn't have an allied force from the same codex than your main force? Or did i dream that?

I had to double-check this, but apparently (if you are playing Battle-forged, at least) you cannot ally with a faction the same as your primary, except for things such as Supplements, Inquisition codex and Space Marines which have special circumstances in the codices themselves.

As for Skyfire, my first advice is as a Sisters player, don't bother. We don't need it. If however, you really want to go that route, then I'd look into some of the Fortifications such as the Firestorm Redoubt.

Taking allied detachment and taking second combined arms detachment are two different things. =) second cad can be from the same codex/faction as the primary detachment.

For me the best allies for anti-air would be Space Marine, going Red Hunters (FW). With their chapter tactics, you can have some unit gaining skyfire by the turn 2-3 (for example, if you take Razorback with Assault Cannon or TL Lascannon), and as a heavy choice, you can get either a flyer of your own (Stormraven for your Repentia) or Stalker/Hunter. If you fancy it, you can even take a Fast Attack to help you too (missile defense stuff of FW or the Stormtalon). On the plus side, their fluff are meant to do this since they're allied with Inquisition. On the downside, you'll need an Inquisitor as your Warlord. That's the way I'm going personnally with a Stormraven and Razorbacks that I'm building in my spare time. Add to that drop pods with Sternguard for MC, and you get a nice army overall. 

Basically, as long as you're Battleforged, you can have as many force organisation charts as you like. So if you want an army of nothing but HQs and troops choices, you can basically have an HQ for every troops choice! And, of course, you can do things like shifting troops and HQs around to unlock a fourth Heavy slot.

4th slot? One gets the whole chart with second cad so 6 in total... just needs to have minimum of 2 hq and 4 troops.

Cant take the 1 hq 1 troop ally thingie with shifting forces around as forces cant "ally" with themselves...

No, but most every army above 1000 points is going to have four troops choices anyway.

I said fourth because the extra two are usually not as important to a build as the fourth, for some reason.

THREE exorcists is certainly a viable option. With an average of ten missiles, two hits isn't out of the ordinary. Best of all, if/when the enemy jinks, you can redirect the other two exos at a different target.

I've found the best thing to do most of the time is maneuver. It's almost always possible to get your important stuff inside 18" of the flier after it comes on. Then it tends to fly off the board into continuing reserves. That means you have to worry about it on turns 2, 4, and maybe 6. Or, if it comes on late, 3, 5, and probably not 7. This doesn't really work for vector dancers, of course, but those are so rare...

I do like the avenger, though. Especially with the missile launchers...190 points, but it's possibly even better than a vendetta, which is saying something.

MM immolators are a good option. Twin linked means they stand an ok chance to hit and will usually blow up any flyers hit. Since you're going to be hitting on 6s anyway, there`s no harm in moving them 12 inches to get them into double d6 range.

If you're going allies, I have been liking myself a company command squad manning a quad gun. Put sniper rifles on all the guys and have commander man the quad gun.

With orders this little group can handle flyers really well and if there's any MC accross the table the sniper guns are useful (Im looking at you Mr Great Unclean one). Give them camo cloak behind a defense line and their 2+ cover save means they likely won't be getting shot anytime soon.

MM immolators are a good option. Twin linked means they stand an ok chance to hit and will usually blow up any flyers hit. Since you're going to be hitting on 6s anyway, there`s no harm in moving them 12 inches to get them into double d6 range.

If you're going allies, I have been liking myself a company command squad manning a quad gun. Put sniper rifles on all the guys and have commander man the quad gun.

With orders this little group can handle flyers really well and if there's any MC accross the table the sniper guns are useful (Im looking at you Mr Great Unclean one). Give them camo cloak behind a defense line and their 2+ cover save means they likely won't be getting shot anytime soon.

Got to agree here.

Immolator spam and Avenger Strike Fighters all the way.

This is why i never use Rhinos.

I believe sisters work better in 5 strong squads to maximize special weapons and lets face it.

When your facing down 30+ meltas in an army you tend to worry. ;)

The Avenger Strike Fighter however as much as i love it I see it as an anti infantry, anti light tank vehicle, its harder to hit flyers with it but with the right load out it can be done, just starts to get costly is all. 

Archived