Help With Plasma Effects (Pics of my Current Progress)

Too much light spilling over and also should've used blue or purple with the red casing as the green gets lost.

Things to bare in mind too with Object Source Lighting are things like the following:

- Is it night or day?

- How powerful is the light source?

- Where is the source of the light?

- Does light bend round corners?

Just some food for thought.

First of all, I think it's actually quite good! But I think you went a little to far out with the green. At least further than the light would travel, because it can only go into a straight line. Secondly in my opinion you should highlight the red casing directly around the plasma coils more with the same whitish green you used on the coils itself.

Thanks for the help! This was my first ever attempt at this kind of effect. I think on my next go around, I'm not going to go out as far with it and I'm going to try Voxxel's idea of putting a bit more white onto the casing directly around the coils. And thanks, Forte, for giving me some criteria to consider.

I'm pretty committed to both the red casing and the green coils at this point (red weapons are critical and my entire Ultramarines and my titan all have green coils. So does my current army). Otherwise, I'd have gone with blue coils.

Thanks again for the help!

Archived