Corbulo or a Chaplain?

Jolemai

Went with Corbulo just out of curiosity. In hindsight, a Chaplain (or Reclusiarch) would have been better.

This is actually the second time I've ran Corbulo with the Death Company. First time out he was with them in a Stormraven and got shot out of the sky... In short, I'm not really seeing the benefit of doing this outside of a Drop Pod. Perhaps that will be my next playtest...

I'm not a huge fan of using a SR for this type of squad.

1) The earliest they are assaulting is turn 3 (or later, if you fail reserve rolls). It's jet too much offense to have on the sidelines.

2) I can't stomach the risk of potentially having the squad insta-killed in the case of the SR being destroyed. And let's face it, if you have a full squad of DC and Corbulo in a raven, your opponent is going to throw everything he has to try and bring it down.

3) The storm raven is not scoring. If you use a drop-pod, land raider, or other dedicated ground transport, that transport becomes objective secured scoring. Objective secured scoring land raiders are just uber-goodness. 

My favorite method of delivery is a land raider (usually a redeemer). A drop-pod would be my second choice. If I do use a SR, it's usually with a very small squad (5 DC with no upgrades, for instance).

Archived