So just give me a Power Sword and Plasma Pistol

Kilofix

Ok, just for those laser rings I think I'll have a Volkite now instead of a Plasma Pistol. Actually two Volkites. And, I need a helmet with either wings or lightning bolts. Thanks Volt!

I also remember reading somewhere about some esoteric guided like ability of volkite guns jumping from people like arcing electric bolts, but I haven't a clue as to if it's true.

Power Swords? Plasma Pistols?

Bah. I'll take Phosphex Grenades any day of the week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultramarine Legionnaire: "I am Centurion Necius Amadeaus, Champion of the 32nd Company, Slayer of the Kine Warlord Urg-Magurg, Swordmaster of the..."

*sound of pin being pulled, grenade bouncing along the ground*

*whooosh*

*screams*

Word Bearer: "No. No, you're not...."

that reminded me of my old halo days on the orginal xbox

I was ripping up my friends on mulitple player split screen laughing and everyone went quiet at once and all we heard on both screens for 8 people was the 

tink-tink-tink

as it bounced off stuff to land at my feet...

"son of a..."

Power Swords? Plasma Pistols?

Bah. I'll take Phosphex Grenades any day of the week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultramarine Legionnaire: "I am Centurion Necius Amadeaus, Champion of the 32nd Company, Slayer of the Kine Warlord Urg-Magurg, Swordmaster of the..."

*sound of pin being pulled, grenade bouncing along the ground*

*whooosh*

*screams*

Word Bearer: "No. No, you're not...."

that reminded me of my old halo days on the orginal xbox

I was ripping up my friends on mulitple player split screen laughing and everyone went quiet at once and all we heard on both screens for 8 people was the 

tink-tink-tink

as it bounced off stuff to land at my feet...

"son of a..."

I was a pro in all the Halo games at bouncing the normal frags off walls into the unsuspecting faces of poor unlucky people. To the point where if I went up an elevator and pressed the left trigger, I was gaureteed to hear some glorious profanity.

yeah then they went and changed the gravity or something with the frags and it was so much harder to do...I miss the old days...not the internet as much back then but the stuff we could do...haha

Correct me if I'm wrong but fluff wise isn't the thunder hammer kinda the king of melee weapons? I seem to remember any SM using it in the novels sorta becomes unstoppable.

It tends to be a sign of badassery in the novels, but realistically it'd be a fairly poor weapon. Powerfist or lightning claw/powerfist would be vastly superior.

Correct me if I'm wrong but fluff wise isn't the thunder hammer kinda the king of melee weapons? I seem to remember any SM using it in the novels sorta becomes unstoppable.

It tends to be a sign of badassery in the novels, but realistically it'd be a fairly poor weapon. Powerfist or lightning claw/powerfist would be vastly superior.

I always wondered why the novels don't really reflect the TT rules.  I always thought lightning claws would in general be the melee weapon of choice if you were to find yourself stuck in the 40k universe as an Astartes. But yet in the fluff you keep seeing guys with thunder hammers being THE BEST in terms of melee battles and general badassery.

well a hammer would shatter the thinner blades on the lightning claw

so he is so awesome in the books

but if you think about it te guy with the hammer is already charging or getting ready to swing...the lightning claw guy is always off guard...

In terms of 'power' - yeah I'd assume that Thunder Hammers would be on top of the list. As is true in TT rules. I can't imagine someone trying to deflect a Thunder Hammer with a Lightning Claw.

While I would agree that Lightning Claws may be more of a 'finess' weapon, I'd think that  something as unweildy as the Thunder Hammer would also require alot of experience to use and therefore only be used by the most 'badass'.

well a hammer would shatter the thinner blades on the lightning claw

so he is so awesome in the books

but if you think about it te guy with the hammer is already charging or getting ready to swing...the lightning claw guy is always off guard...

No, compared to a lightning claw, especially the loyalist or more esoteric versions, thunder hammers are terrible. The entire fist of the lightning claw is wreathed in power so it can parry other weapons, or just grab the hammer by the head and maul/wrench it out. Although the best weapon would be a power zweihander/claymore or a polearm.

Archived