Need some advice

Argel-tal

Hey guys,

I recently finished my 1850 points Guard army that consists of ;  a Leman Russ squadron, vets, platoons, chimeras, vendettas, taurox primes, and a Militarum Tempestus platoon. I want to add to my army but i'm not sure what to buy. I have a budget big enough to buy anything really, any idea's would be great.

Cheers,

Stormblade, Marauder Bomber, Praetor Armored Assault Launcher and a whole bunch of Death Korp of Krieg Death Riders.

Otherwise, what about some Artillery - Basilisks / Wyverns / Manticore? Or Hellhounds?

I have one Wyvern (i forgot to mention) - Infantry are my favourite aspect about IG... I'd love to do something unique involving them. On a side note my infantry force was absolutely annihilated in the last tournament i played (Imperial Knight spam)

Perhaps some Elysians or Catachans? any input as to how do you guys make your guard stand out from the chaff would be great!

Elysians open up some cool Air Cavalry options. If you're going Infantry-heavy, it might be cool to look into Elysian Veterans in cheap flying Transports.

Bear in mind that Forge World themselves have a foreword in the front of the Elysian section of the Taros book that says they're a fun, themed army that are not in any way meant to be a powerful or even competitive option. They can be if you build them right, but you're at the mercy of careful Flier movement and positioning, as well as Reserve rolls. (I believe you get a Drop Pod Assault-esque turn one arrival rule, though. I'll have to read into that a little more.)

Got to say that even though I'm not a seriously competitive player FW is a bit rubbish if they have you spend all that money on models and then freely admit to not trying too hard with their rules. At least make them a bit more competitive... unsure.png

Got to say that even though I'm not a seriously competitive player FW is a bit rubbish if they have you spend all that money on models and then freely admit to not trying too hard with their rules. At least make them a bit more competitive... unsure.png

The entire Kroot selection is being removed from Forge World reportedly, due to lack of sales. This possibly being that amongst the very mediocre selection Tau get, the Kroot FW models have the worst rules by far, aside from the Sentry Towers and TX-42 Piranha...

GW dislike it, but rules are at least 50% of what sells a model.

It's been GWs mo for a long time that rules don't sell models, I'm not surprised fw is similar. It's ostrich head in the sand madness, but it's what they believe!

There are kroot on FW?  Oh, you mean the big pack animal?  I can't remember any others...must be the reason they don't sell?

The Greater Knarloc, as well as mounted ones with guns. All of them are mediocre at best, though the Greater is just terrible.

The entire Kroot selection is being removed from Forge World reportedly, due to lack of sales. This possibly being that amongst the very mediocre selection Tau get, the Kroot FW models have the worst rules by far, aside from the Sentry Towers and TX-42 Piranha...

GW dislike it, but rules are at least 50% of what sells a model.

Yeah a friend of mine told me about that, and I was like "Oh, no, not the Gnarloc riders!" in the most sarcastic way I could. I'm sure...somebody bought them at one point-but that's the kind of dumb :cuss you expect out of a space marine chapter...not the most technologically advanced Xenos army.

Also, Loyalist Space Mairnes would have had good rules...and been worth a damn.

"Here Tau, have a dirt cheap T6 6+Sv MC as a sort of distraction Carnifex en masse. But lol, here's two mandatory Kroot Handlers to knock it down to majority T3 so that a couple of Heavy Stubbers can kill the squad...

See ++Exhibit B++ of totally overpowered Forge World units:

OpForgeWorld

laugh.png

Always look at it but then just think it really is totally not worth the effort.

And another is exhibit C, http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Navy/ARVUS-LIGHTER.html

If you bother paying extra for weapons, you can snap fire and targets only and guarantee death to the 10 people being transported as it can be knocked from the sky by bolter fire!

all of these can be used in very fun scenarios though, and both are very fluffy. in fact, i love the arvus lighter, if only it's a bit overpriced given it's durability.

for 75 pts you get a 10/10/10 flyer that can hover with 3 HP and a transport capacity of 12. it' s a great fluffy transport when fielding a regiment that only has limited resources/standard regiment,since most players seem to have forgotten that valkyries and other flyers are almost always imperial navy assets, not belonging to the regiment,whereas the arvus lighter is a simple civilian flyer that can easely be commandeered into service

all of these can be used in very fun scenarios though, and both are very fluffy. in fact, i love the arvus lighter, if only it's a bit overpriced given it's durability.

for 75 pts you get a 10/10/10 flyer that can hover with 3 HP and a transport capacity of 12. it' s a great fluffy transport when fielding a regiment that only has limited resources/standard regiment,since most players seem to have forgotten that valkyries and other flyers are almost always imperial navy assets, not belonging to the regiment,whereas the arvus lighter is a simple civilian flyer that can easely be commandeered into service

True on the fluff front and I have always thought of the Arvus as a nice idea, just a shame the costing is so poor.

Archived