Warp Storm Concerns

Fatespinner

I've recently started buying a large number of daemons to supplant my CSM army (my local meta is very fast and shooty, and the CSMs just get ripped apart).  I do have a question about the warp storm table, though, specifically how it interacts with units in transports.  I am running a mono-Tzeentch army now, with CSM as allies.  My question is, if I have a group of Tzeentch-marked Terminators inside a Land Raider, if I roll a result on the warp storm that would target unengaged daemons/marked of Tzeentch (I believe it's the Khorne's Wrath one or something of the sort), does it also target the Raider?  The Raider itself does not possess the Mark, only the Terminators inside.  Obviously, if the Terminators were disembarked they would be subject to its effects, I'm just curious as to what happens when they're inside it and whether the Raider counts as "part of the unit" for this purpose.  Thanks in advance!

The warp storm table targets any friendly daemon unit of the appropriate god and every enemy unit.

This means that your Chaos space marines are perfectly safe since they are not friendly daemons. Having a mark of tzeentch doesn't make you a daemon of tzeentch.

In your case nurgle will hit your tzeentch daemons and your opponet units only.

As for the embarked units, the only option for the warp storm to hit something embarked is in the case of chariots. I beleive one roll is made for both chariot and rider.

The warp storm table targets any friendly daemon unit of the appropriate god and every enemy unit.

This means that your Chaos space marines are perfectly safe since they are not friendly daemons. Having a mark of tzeentch doesn't make you a daemon of tzeentch.

In your case nurgle will hit your tzeentch daemons and your opponet units only.

As for the embarked units, the only option for the warp storm to hit something embarked is in the case of chariots. I beleive one roll is made for both chariot and rider.

No, it also affects models with the Mark of Tzeentch.

But to the OP, the transport is never part of the unit it is transporting. The real question is whether a transported unit is treated as being "on the battlefield" - I'm leaning towards no.

No, it also affects models with the Mark of Tzeentch.

But to the OP, the transport is never part of the unit it is transporting. The real question is whether a transported unit is treated as being "on the battlefield" - I'm leaning towards no.

Right, i missed that about the mark. Not usually the allying type... my bad.

I am leaning towards no as well.

Archived