Murderfang in allied Stormraven

L30n1d4s

The new SW dreadnought character, Murderfang, seems to pack a very impressive offensive capability (especially on the charge), but has "normal" Dreadnought survivability (so not very good) and mobility (also not very impressive).

I think having him embark on an allied Stormraven can help solve both of these issues.... since he is being transported, he is immune to shooting until he disembarks or the Stormraven is shot down... since the SR is an Assault Vehicle and can move 36" in Zoom mode, then drop into Hover the next turn and unload Murderfang, that means he can get pretty much anywhere he needs to go on the board.

Its not cheap points-wise and the earliest you can get a charge off is Turn 3 (come in Turn 2, hover mode and charge turn 3), but I think this may be a very solid delivery system for his 8-10 S7 AP2 Shred attacks.

yea, but now its like putting 5 assault terminators in a storm raven, its such a huge fire magnet that the enemy WILL do everything they can to shoot it down and kill the guys inside, cept th ss temries will usually survive the fall unlike murderfang who eats a s10 ap 2 hit on rear :/

As far as i remember, you cant deploy in an allied transport. Why not just buy it a drop pod? Cheaper, won't get shot down, and can be on the board and fighting turn one. Remember that if you're using an allied raven you need to get the flyer on the board, embark the dreadnought, fly to where you want to go, hover, then unload, then charge something. Also, as soon as a fully loaded raven can be targeted, your opponent is going to unload everything he has at it.

From what I am aware, you can following the changes to Battle Brothers for the 7th edition. As for getting a Stormraven on, perhaps the Adeptus Astartes Stormwing? Only that way, you'll avoid the ally tax of HQ and troops.

Its not cheap points-wise and the earliest you can get a charge off is Turn 3 (come in Turn 2, hover mode and charge turn 3), but I think this may be a very solid delivery system for his 8-10 S7 AP2 Shred attacks.

It already works with blender dreads, but only when your opponent has weak anti air. You want the raven for anti air and anti MC duties anyway, it's not like you're paying 200+ pts just for his transport.

Archived