REGIMENTAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Kierdale

...all regiments are hereby ordered to expedite construction of Transports, both land and air...

March, your Valk` would be appropriate.

あ!わかりました!トランスポルトだっけです、ね?msn-wink.gif

I've got a Chimera that has been assembled and knocking around in my carrying case for eight years and has never seen a paint brush or battle.  Now that I've got the start of an AM/TM force he will get primed up for service in this challenge.  Good timing all around.

Um would equine conveyances count?

Just to do something different.

If said equestrians are being transported aboard a converted open-top chimera taking them to the knacker's yard to be rendered down into glue...

...then yes. :P

Treads or thrusters only, please.

Other challenges await.

I would not want to rush the Stormlord. Would this be a month long contest or longer?

I would have to plan on 6 to 8 weeks to get all the magnetisation and painting right so if it was only a month then I would stick to Chimeras.

Hmm, what else can one build that isn't a Stormlord, Taurox, Chimera, Valk / Vendetta?

I suppose Centaur, Crassius, Gorgon? Did I miss any other options.

No, you're not allowed to wear boots - violates the Primer's divine texts. You must be barefoot or wearing munitorum issue socks while painting so you may properly ground yourself for optimum stability while holding the brush.

Reminded me of my frustrations explaining that stormtroopers are not and never were IG.  IIRC, in third edition (I started 40k about 3 months into 3rd), they were navy (or inquisition), Cadia has special forces called Kasrkin that follow the same game rules, but they're NOT stormtroopers, and now the stormtroopers come out of the same church orphanages as the sisters and commissars, but serve in ordo tempestus, which is under the adeptus administratum, but parallel to the IG, not part of them.  They have the same boss as the IG, but the IG are not their boss.  But while they've always been in C:IG, I don't recall them ever being fluffed out as part of the IG.  Hell, when I fielded pure stormtroopers out of C:MT two weeks ago, almost nobody in the store was even aware that there was a separate codex for them (good marketing there, Nottingham!)

Stormies have always been separate to my knowledge too, I think the problem stems from the Kasrkin box replacing the Stormtroopers back in the day. To be fair to GW they did say that the Kasrkin were a part of the Cadian army and equal to Stormies in training but people ended up making assumptions (likely from never reading the background!). The poor advertising for the Tempestus codex is all on them though tongue.png

Oh speaking of which I'll be making a small order this weekend. Perhaps related to an incoming challenge, perhaps related to the MT... msn-wink.gif I feel like I deserve a treat laugh.png

Oh speaking of which I'll be making a small order this weekend. Perhaps related to an incoming challenge, perhaps related to the MT... msn-wink.gif I feel like I deserve a treat laugh.png

Hammer of Cadia??

Archived