Questions about FAQ / errata

Black_Crusader

I read in an other post about being able to take 4 heralds as a single HQ for ally detachment according to an FAQ.

I have also seen a lot of lists that involve horror units of 11 man size. I understant that without an FAQ or errata the second warp charge is pointless since the power dice are counted with the total number of Mastery levels. (which for horrors is 1 Mastery level regardless of the unit size)

The only FAQ i know of is the one at the black library from May that has no FAQ for daemons.

Can someone point me to the updated FAQs that adress these issues. (Or maybe if they are adressed somewhere in the rulebook FAQs and not the daemons)

Thanks.

I read in an other post about being able to take 4 heralds as a single HQ for ally detachment according to an FAQ.

4 heralds per slot is a Codex rule, found in the Heralds section of the army list, however the wording limits this to the army's Primary Detachment. The Amendments section of the FAQ document changes this to refer to any detachment (and adds the Exalted Flamer to the list).

I have also seen a lot of lists that involve horror units of 11 man size. I understant that without an FAQ or errata the second warp charge is pointless since the power dice are counted with the total number of Mastery levels. (which for horrors is 1 Mastery level regardless of the unit size)

You've got a point for RAW, but I think it's clear that the Magic Made Manifest rule refers to the Warp Charge points generated by the unit's Mastery levels. Might be something to clear up with opponents (or event organisers, if applicable).

The only FAQ i know of is the one at the black library from May that has no FAQ for daemons.

Correct, though when people say "FAQ", they nearly always refer to the FAQ document as a whole.

Just for clarity - the wording regarding the Heralds suggests that it is one HQ slot that can comprise upto 4 heralds, not 4 heralds per slot - so you can have up to four in total but no more, correct?

Correct - I misquoted the rule in my earlier post, sorry about that!

Archived