Order of the Silver Rose

Ratvam

Greetings all,

Back in the day (12 or so years ago) I used to collect and play Crimson Fists and since I now have a limited amount of disposable income (oh the joys) I am looking at getting back into 40k. My initial thoughts was to go for the Crimson Fists as I really do like the chapter however the thought of painting lots of space marines..... not for me. So I got to looking through the attic for "that box" from 12 years ago that I knew that I hadn't thrown out and was fairly certain had some GW figures inside. Today I have found that box.

So to the point, I have turned up a small collection of Redemptionist and Adeptus Arbites troops as well as 20 Sisters of Battle of which I plan to start to build (slowly) a recreation of an army that I longed for years ago. The Sisters are very poorly painted and are currently undertaking litanies of faith in the Emperor's Holy Brake Fluid. I have also aquired a Land Raider Crusader that I have picked up cheaply at a carboot sale and am currently repairing and repainting. 

The Long Term Goal, I plan to build a force of Sisters of Battle with their Adeptus Arbites allies (under command from a Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor), who have undertaken a Crusade of Reclamation against a World turned traitor by the foul forces of a Word Bearers Warband (my friend who got me back into the game).

At the moment I have no idea what my long term goal will be but it will be just that, a long term goal so will have plenty of time to design a force with your help (in the corresponding sub-forum), this issue that I am currently experiencing with teh Sisters is HQ, I know I want a couple of Priests and don't like special characters (I like to create my own fluff and narrative for games) so I have no idea how to equip the Cannoness or if I even need one (Her demise left a void in the leadership which the Inquisitor stepped into) and have the Inq as my armies warlord. 

Anyways points allowing I am looking at something like this: (1650/1850) 200 Points Remaining

: Ministorum Priest - 65 pts
Power Maul, Combi-Meltagun, Litanies of Faith

: Ministorum Priest - 55 pts
Melta Bombs, Power Axe, Combi-Meltagun

Troops: Battle Sister Squad (5) - 150 pts
Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Combi-Flamer
Immolator (Twin-Linked Multi Melta), Dozer Blade

Troops: Battle Sister Squad (5) - 150 pts
Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Combi-Flamer

Troops: Battle Sister Squad (5) - 145 pts
Storm Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter

Heavy Support: Exorcist - 125 pts

Heavy Support: Exorcist - 125 pts

HQ: Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor - 106 pts
Servo-skull, Power Armour, Inferno Pistol, Null Rod, Mastery 1, Grimoire of True Names

Elite: Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband - 355 pts
2 Crusader, 4 Death Cult Assassin
Land Raider Crusader, Multi-melta, Psybolt Ammunition

Elite: Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (5) - 172 pts
Carapace Armour, Plasma gun x3, Boltgun
Valkyrie, Lacannon

Elite: Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (5) - 172 pts
Carapace Armour, Plasma gun x3, Boltgun
Valkyrie, Lacannon

I'm fairly confident that I have covered the bases of Anti Infantry, Anti Air, Anti Tank, Anti Psyker(?) but as stated above no idea how to finish it off with the remaining 200 points, I did briefly consider a Cannoness to join a 4x Heavy Bolter Retributer Squad with Storm Bolter and Power Sword but..dunno

Anyways hopefully some sort of Photographs will follow in the coming days, weeks and months as I slowly build, collect and paint something that will gradually look something like the above as well as a display board for the army to be stationed on. So yeah trying out this new fangled thing called basing.

First off, welcome back to 40k and more specifically the Ecclesiarchy forces!

Your list seems solid enough, but are you aware that without a sister's HQ you will be playing an unbound force?

If you are set against special characters, then a Canoness is nice and cheap at least.

For the rest of the points, I'd personally go with Dominions with Meltaguns in an Immolator. Alternatively you can look to Seraphim for a nice harrassment unit!

I don't arm priests, above standard, for anything but close combat, that's where they buff SoB squads

Can you not just forge your own narrative around the celestine or Uriah characters as they are such great models and HQs choices

Saying that a canoness has a good few options and is a fine HQ

DHD

I don't arm priests, above standard, for anything but close combat, that's where they buff SoB squads

Can you not just forge your own narrative around the celestine or Uriah characters as they are such great models and HQs choices

DHD

Whilst I wouldn't completely agree with this, DHD has a good point when it comes to combi-meltas on them.  Probably better off with combi-flamers if anything since the BS 3 won't matter!

DHD

Whilst I wouldn't completely agree with this, DHD has a good point when it comes to combi-meltas on them.  Probably better off with combi-flamers if anything since the BS 3 won't matter!

That makes sense plus will be using Redempionists models for these so one shot flamers already included, I'm not keen on St Celestine, Jacobus maybe but would have to scratch build

Damn, not keen on Celestine...

I suppose there a first for everything. ;)

Its the right call on the priests to buff them for combat but if you are taking Jacobus you need to take a unit thats worth taking for him otherwise just stick with a cannoness.

Also in regards to the heavy weapons on your squads, switch the heavy bolter for a heavy flamer, the bolter will see little use as it will be snap firing 90% of the time, also the storm bolter brings next to nothing to the table so trade it out for a melta or flamer.

A little heavy fire power never hurt either, so with you ta,king sisters try and fit in an exorcist with storm bolter, they are too iconic not to use and really do bring the pain. 

I don't generally use her either, you know. tongue.png

My "Uriah Jacobus", when she sees the field, is actually Saint Jaci, a farm girl with divine provenance. That said, I usually run a Canoness instead. Sometimes two recently.

Seconding what others have said - Heavy Bolters are only really good on backfield squads, and Infantry Storm Bolters are a waste of points. You're paying too many points for a single extra shot at long range, basically. On vehicles, they're brilliant, though, giving your main gun a 4+ invulnerable safe in effect!

Archived