Returning after a short break

Jacinda

I took an unintentional break from 40K for what thought was just a short time. Only now everything has changed. The forums are different; Brother Argos stepped down?! 7th edition has a psychic phase. I may have played half a dozen games in 6th if that. I am lost! I don't even know what to ask now.

Obviously I will need to buy and read the rules for 7th but when I went to look online, there are these other supplements, dataslates and Indexes. Are there any of these extras that I need to play with a straight Sisters of Battle army?

Has anything changed significantly to our army? I am used to outflanking Dominions, Seraphim jump flamers and melta in rhinos all around with basic troops staying in their box as long as they can. Is this still normal? If I remember correctly, the battle conclave is not as reliable as it was in 5th. Has this changed any?

Sorry for the rambling questions. I will be traveling back to my old home town next week and I don't want to look like a complete newb even tho I feel like one again.

Oh ... and psychic phase. Can this be ignored or do I need to do something different? I'm not sure what that would be since we have no heretics in the Sororitas smile.png

The only thing you need to worry about in the Psychic phase is that Sisters can Deny on 5+ instead of 6+. It's still almost never going to help though because of the awful dispel rules in 7th.

The only major differences are that Canonesses are cheaper, we have relics, and Dominions are better. Oh, and Faith is once per game per unit (twice with an upgrade).

... thinking about it, actually, there's a few more changes. We have a digital codex now! http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Codex-Adepta-Sororitas.html You'll need to buy it to use the army.

The only supplement you might need is Imperial Armour 2 Second Edition for the Repressor rules and Imperial Armour Aeronautica for the Avenger rules.

Why they couldn't put the Avenger in IA2Se, I do not know. Sigh. The Avenger is our flyer, the Repressor is just plain awesome. For slightly more than an Immolator, you get a FAV13 Rhino with a pintle heavy flamer and a free dozer blade.

Oh, and Faith is once per game per unit (twice with an upgrade).

blink.png

Wow. Ok. Well most things could get away with only needing to use an AoF once. Dominions tend to attract a lot of attention after closing in and cutting loose. Retributors, on the other hand, will fire 4 or 5 times a game if placed well. This means being picky about who they rend. Or are we back to 3 Exorcists? I hate spamming, tho. Maybe a couple of Penitent Engines would be fun.

Welcome back, Jacinda. I might not be an Adepta Sororitas enthusiast but I'll gladly welcome back familiar names to the forum. smile.png

/me waves madly

Thank you. We had to move to move again but got a brief stay in Seattle out of the deal. Between new people and new places gaming sort of looses out to other priorities.

Oh, and Faith is once per game per unit (twice with an upgrade).

blink.png

Wow. Ok. Well most things could get away with only needing to use an AoF once. Dominions tend to attract a lot of attention after closing in and cutting loose. Retributors, on the other hand, will fire 4 or 5 times a game if placed well. This means being picky about who they rend. Or are we back to 3 Exorcists? I hate spamming, tho. Maybe a couple of Penitent Engines would be fun.

It means taking the Sig and being picky I'm afraid.

Exorcists still can't deal with large numbers so if you use an all comers force like myself you will still need a unit to mow folks down.

Welcome back, Jacinda. I might not be an Adepta Sororitas enthusiast but I'll gladly welcome back familiar names to the forum. smile.png

+1

I thought I'd seen you post earlier smile.png Welcome back! happy.png

Hi Jacinda, welcome back!

About the confusing rules issue; it is definately a problem and why I've been working on a resource thread that corrects it for new players, so everyone can see exactly where to find the latest, up to date rules.

In the meantime, For pure sisters you just need a copy of the 7th Edition rulebook and the digital codex, available from black library.

Tactics wise a lot changed, but the playstyle is the same!

Thank you all so much for the welcome.  Not only is this the most active Sister of Battle community with the best advice it is also the friendlliest board on the internet.

I have had the Adepta Sororitas codex and the update doesn't look like anything changed.  I got the digatal version of 7th edition and flipped through it last night.  The FOC, Combined Arms and other detachments was kind of confusing but I think I got it sorted out.  From  reading the forums it looks like I am not the only one.  Sometimes you just have to make yourself let go of what you think it means based on past rules before it all becomes clear.

The B&C is the best place to be for positive discussion on the serious business of little plastic models tongue.png The new codex is ok, but it's the same as ever in that you must wash away the previous "lessons" and learn the new ones lest you be one of those people that still plays their old codex/edition lists and wonders why they struggle to win laugh.png

That said, until GW does us justice with a big fat new codex and models adapting is quick and easy for us as very little can change to any real degree.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived