Question Re: Horrors

Pandemicus

I am slightly confused about how Horrors use their powers in 7th edition. If I am reading it right, a squad of 10 can only manifest 2 powers- Tzeentch Primaris and one other power.

So- 10 horrors can only use the two- its not per horror, but per squad. Is this correct?

And for the Burning Chariot- the pink/blue flame is a shooting attack? It doesn't need a warp charge test, but a BS test. Is that correct?

I shall try to answer:

1. Yes, they get one warp charge and can use those two powers. If you go above 11 horrors you get more warp charges and powers too ( please correct me if this is not true).

2. Yes, the burning chariot don´t use any warp charges, as it´s attack is like a ordinary weapon (so no pshyic test, no perils etc). You use your BS as any shooting weapon. I can say that I have started to love my burning chariot in the last couple of games :)

If you go above 11 horrors you get more warp charges and powers too ( please correct me if this is not true).

The powers remain the same as you are only mastery level 1 no matter the number of horrors.

As for the warp charge pool, it is better to first check this with your opponent or an event organizer.

The rules about warp charge pool are: you roll a d6 then add up the mastery levels of your psychers.

Without an FAQ or errata on the horror rules it is not very clear.

Regarding the warp charge pool and how many dice they generate. The rule Magic Made Manifest says "A unit of 11-15 Pink Horrors generates 2 Warp Charge points instead of 1; a unit of 16-20 Pink Horrors instead generates 3 Warp Charge points."

How can this be considered unclear? They have the Brotherhood of Sorcerers rule, so are a lvl 1 Psyker, but have the Magic Made Manifest that says they generate more warp charge if there are lots of them. I just don't see the RAW problem?

The rulebook says "The number of dice each player has in their Warp Charge pool equates to the total amount of Warp Charge points they have generated for this phase. If a rule tells you to add or subtract Warp Charge points, you add or subtract the appropriate number of dice from your pool."

I just don't see how it could be written any clearer? tongue.png

*edit*

I was not intending to come across as rude, I was just confused as I simply don't see what part of the rules are unclear? I'm thinking that maybe I missed some crucial rule somewhere that makes Horrors and their Warp charge contribution unclear?

Archived