What's recommended for a sororitas command squad?

derpasaurus

Back after a long absence with another question for my fellow sisters players.

I just got back into building out my army again, placed an order for an immolator, a canoness, and a hospitaler. I'm considering a dialogous, is that worth it? or is another special weapon for the celestians a better use of points? and what about the simulacrum imperialis? I'm tempted to pass on that because certain units don't live long enough to NEED 2 acts of faith.... Which leads me to my next topic... what about a loadout?

It's clear they had the command squad in mind for assault with the acts of faith they and the canoness were given, but sisters + combat = lololol usually, so is a shooty squad like I had originally planned a better idea? or has anyone had luck with a melee unit since apparently the command squad is smart enough to take close combat upgrades?

I'm leaning towards possibly another mess of flamers and a nice up close and personal combat unit with the mantle, an insta-gibbing inferno pistol, possibly a power sword for the canoness. I figure feel no pain is pretty much a given, but I'm curious what you would recommend for the rest of the squad.

any ideas are welcome!

I generally don't bother with a Dialogous, the only relic it's worth giving her is Litanies, and they're better on a Priest.

I run my Command Squad for combat with the following;

Hospitaller

Banner Bearer (Sacred Standard of the Orders Militant)

Celestian (Power Axe, Bolt or Plasma Pistol)

Canoness (Eviscerator, Inferno Pistol, Rosarius, Mantle of Ophelia)

In an Immolator.

In really big games, I expand it with the following (after switching the Immolator to a Repressor or maybe, in the future, a land raider)

Canoness (Rosarius, Inferno Pistol, Blade of Admonition)

Priest (Eviscerator)

Priest (Eviscerator)

Priest (Eviscerator, Litanies)

I find that between the tanking Ophelian and all the Rosariuses, there's not much this unit can't deal with in assault.

I don't run a command squad but see people favouring heavy weapons in theirs, I do plan to add one though, don't think I'd us the dialogous or the simulacrum, tend to only run a simulacrum with retributors. My canoness has inferno pistol and eviscerator and as I've just picked up a few priests with eviscerators I'd be adding one of those at least, think I'd like to use a repressor for transport. I favour SoB figures so may be mine would be heavy flamers with some good CC back up!

There will be better advise offered I'm sure, welcome to the sisterhood

DHD

I hadn't really thought of Power Axes for some reason. Good idea, though, thanks a lot!
I was wondering if the banner was cost efficient, it's a really pricey upgrade, if I recall.

What about the weapon on the immolator? I would imagine the melta is almost always a good choice, but maybe the twin linked heavy flamer for close support to help whittle down what you'll actually be hitting in the face? what are your experiences with different loadouts for their transport?

edit:
I had thought really hard about just making a ranged weapon squad with more meltas or heavy flamers but I keep going back to the idea of melee just because of their acts of faith, I feel like to get the most out of the units I should build them with melee in mind, ugh decisions decisions lol.

I usually go with meltas on the immo to pop transports so I can get the tasty treats inside with the squad.

The banner is most cost efficient when you have multiple assault elements. Because it affects all units within 12", if you put a priest in a blob squad and one in a Repentia squad to give them more staying power, you can have a LOT of bonus attacks. Basically, the more models you have near it punching things, the more efficient it gets!

In my command squad, I typically run the Canoness (the loadout varies all the time...the Mantle of Ophelia is almost always there) and five heavy flamers with melta bombs in a Repressor. Every now and then I toss a psyker from whatever allied army I have in there. Alternatively, I put them in an Immolator with either multi-meltas or heavy flamers.

I really love the command squad. I just dislike their act of faith. I use mine as squad for my Inquisitor. Load them up with 4 heavy bolters and a hospitaler in a multi melta immolator. I give the Inquisitor the book for scout and gain another dominion-light squad.

I rolled the rending psykic power in my last game and it was like having retributers back. You can also just take the Inquisitor bald and have him soak some wounds.

I see. I've never encountered anyone stupid enough to leave a lone character standing around, but I guess some high-risk strats might require it?

Please edit your posts if you have something to add, rather than double-posting consecutively.

• 1 month later...

I've actually looked up this thread to help me with my command squad. I was going to try to run them with heavy bolters in a repressor, just wanted to verify that all the celestians could carry heavy weapons.

The bit about adding scouts via an inquisitor does make an interesting thought for five multi-melta celestians in a repressor.

Thoughts?

Archived