as my name says

WolfandSister

I run BA as allies to SoB. I have been using the SoB as a base of fire and then bringing the BA in with drop pods and Storm Ravens in a hammer and anvil type maneuver. It works well enough.

I don't know much about SW specific strengths, but vertical insertion or outflanking is available to all space marine armies in some way or another, and should be versatile enough to adapt to support the SoB no matter who is doing it.

Wolves units that complement Sisters well:

Wolf Scouts backing up Dominions.

Grey Hunters backing up Sisters squads.

Blood Claws backing up Repentia / Battle Conclaves.

Flyers.

Wolf Guard Terminators forming a battle line.

I imagine you could do something epic with Bjorn or a Shieldnaught tanking for the Penitent Engines, too.

Indeed, both armies can get up close to the enemy for mutual support and complement each other well. A good mix :)

Grey Hunters and Sister squads mounted in Rhinos would provide a strong core and be able to tackle many problems, especially with a few drop podded elements arriving just before :tu:

Wasn't the wolf variety of the Drop Pod fast attack? Doesn't that mean you could fit a Penitent Engine inside one? biggrin.png

You could indeed use the SW fast attack slots to give Sisters pods. Say, pod in some Melta Dominions? Or maybe a Retributor squad with 4 heavy flamers? There are some possibilities there certainly, though sadly going by rules as written you wouldn't be able to put a Penitent Engine in there, because the rules of the pod say 10 models or a Dreadnought. So no other Walkers, just Dreads. Similar problem with something like Stormravens on other marines, it can carry a Dreadnought specifically, no Walkers in general.

I just got myself a pile of Wolves from Stormclaw boxes, so such SW+SoB list choices are a possibility in the future. Well, could be the far future, who knows when I'll actually assemble the Wolves.

Heh.

Ordo Hereticus Strike Force is a reality once more.

Unbound list.

Codex: Inquisition;

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor

Codex: Adepta Sororitas;

Celestian squads.

Repentia squads.

Codex: Space Wolves

Drop Pods.

Done!

Wasn't the wolf variety of the Drop Pod fast attack? Doesn't that mean you could fit a Penitent Engine inside one? biggrin.png

You could indeed use the SW fast attack slots to give Sisters pods. Say, pod in some Melta Dominions? Or maybe a Retributor squad with 4 heavy flamers? There are some possibilities there certainly, though sadly going by rules as written you wouldn't be able to put a Penitent Engine in there, because the rules of the pod say 10 models or a Dreadnought. So no other Walkers, just Dreads. Similar problem with something like Stormravens on other marines, it can carry a Dreadnought specifically, no Walkers in general.

I just got myself a pile of Wolves from Stormclaw boxes, so such SW+SoB list choices are a possibility in the future. Well, could be the far future, who knows when I'll actually assemble the Wolves.

Ah, too bad :/

Which reminds me of a topic from some time ago. I was moaning about urban fantasy stories always have a werewolf boyfriend. ALWAYS. It's like a law or something. Then I was treated to a link to Wolf and Sister graphic stories. smile.png

Anyway ...

To get a good mix of units you need to know what each army brings.

For Sisters of Battle, they are good at:

- S8 AP1 murder in Scout weapon squads, basic troop, dedicated transports and Exorcist tanks.

- cheap(ish) power armor

- bolter gunline

- jump squads with double-tapping flaners with Shred

- Extra bits of resilience shuch as Adamantium Will, global 6++ save and War Hymns from the priests

What we lack:

- squishy in CC; mostly

- no assault vehicles

- little long ranged fire support

- no AV14

- no TDA

- no filthy witches psykers

So for me, coming from an Adepta Sororitas background, I would take a typical Sisters list -- Saint C, 2 melta troops in Immolators, 2 Dominion squads with 4 melta guns in Repressors, Seraphim with flamers and 2 Exorcists -- and from the wolves add in Bloodclaws with a land raider accompanied by 1 a priest, Logan Grimnar with wolfguard in ... drop pod? is that allowed? I'm sure we are around 2500 points already.

[ETA]

I should add that my roomate's favorite army is Space Wolves and their new codex has more than a little to do with us blowing the dust off of our 40K models. However, when we play teams she usually plays Dark Angels to my Sisters. Between Death Wing Assault and a Raven Wing Attack squad, she gets the needed 1st turn mobility that holds the opponent in place while the Sisters come in with the killy tools.

I did not know this thing about SW drop pods not being dedicated. What is the best SoB unit to put in one, do y'all reckon?

Maybe melta spam Dominions for wrecking their armour as early as possible? I usually plonk down a combat squad of x2 meltagun assault marines from my allies, but using SoB for the role instead would make me happier, I think.

Melta-minions wastes their Scout abilities. I'd say regular melta-Sisters are probably sufficient, although part of me just wants to drop a squad of Canonesses with twin inferno pistols!

Haha, I'd like to see the look on the opponent's face if that happened (without him/her having seen the army list beforehand) :D And yes it's true that "Scout" is wasted, but I've never really used that ability much on any unit anyway. Meltas tend to be notoriously unreliable just when you'd need them, so bringing more is always nice. After all with a Dominion squad you cana bring 4 plus a combi, rather than just two plus a combi. Of course having so many makes the squad a priority target for the opponent, but hopefully not before they can do some mean damage.

I put Heavy Flamer Retributors and a squad of nine Sisters and one Priest in my SW drop pods. After that, I just use Blood Claws and a WGT squad or two. I have been toying with the idea of putting a Rune Priest with some Sisters and podding them in.

Archived