Imperial Armour Discussion: Legacies of Glory

Jolemai

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Schism of Mars does leap out, what with the haywire protection. Also, tank hunter adds some serious reliability to efforts to blast down transports. But then again, S8 with Monster Hunter does sound like a not-terrible way to put some wounds on a WK.

My money would be SoM, for reliability.

Edit: Mentioned Interceptor for some reason? No idea why

• 3 months later...

With Battle of Sarosh (Skyfire, Interceptor etc) it says "once per game, before any To Hit rolls are made..." - can you declare that in your opponent's turn, e.g. turn 2 after he makes a successful reserve roll? Otherwise Interceptor could be completely wasted...

you can declare in your opponents movement phase is my understanding, but the changes to interceptor& sky fire in 7th ruined it for me. It states you get all rules, rather than choosing, this means sky fire makes you snapshot at ground targets. So against flyers it's still useful, if you want deep strike protection though, not so much.

But can you fire Interceptor shots in their turn when they arrive from DS? Sorry if n00bish, never used it and don't have my rule book with me!

Interceptor rule exists for shooting stuff that arrives from any type of Reserves. So if you didn't use it when they arrived from Reserves via Deep Strike, when would you use it? :)

With that in mind, read up on Interceptor and once your opponent has finished his moving it is then that you elect to activate this rule. Whatever you do, don't tell him in advance! Otherwise he/she'll be guaranteed to finish his movement either out of sight or out of range msn-wink.gif

Ah yes, sorry, got a bit confused but got it now! Good point about the moment of activation ;)

So you can fire one weapon (auto cannon on Sicaran for example) in their turn and if still alive fire lascannons in your turn, but they would be snap firing because, alas, only the auto cannon has Skyfire for that turn and you can't fire it a second time?

The autocannon can't fire in your turn because it was used in during your opponent's turn. That was your once per game use of Battle of Sarosh so even if the Interceptor rules permitted you to fire in your subsequent turn, you would not gain any benefit from that Legacy - so use it wisely!

In your following turn you have the heavy bolter (and sponsons) to fire. These did not gain Skyfire so would not be snap firing if targeting a ground target.

Yes, sorry that's what I meant (although I worded it very badly!). So if I Infiltrator shot a Flyer with the autocannon but didn't destroy it, I could not shoot it again with the autocannon in my turn cos I fired it already, but I could take snap shots against it with the tank's other weapons.

Archived