Sister Sniper

Now that the Assassins are no longer trapped in the Grey Knight codex I feel free to use them. So tonight I took a rotary tool to a Sister w/ Storm Bolter and "requisitioned" a Space Marine sniper rifle for her.

Here are the initial WIP pictures:

gallery_53134_7133_121842.jpg

gallery_53134_7133_92116.jpg

Still a bit rough; more work on the model to follow before painting. Just got inspired tonight and had to figure out how to mount the rifle, so I'll smooth the conversion out when I've thought about it more and let this glue dry.

The Vindicare seems like a good addition to any army, really. I'm not as familiar with the other assassins on the table top, so I'm not sure how they might work with the Sisters. So, apart from me posting WIP pictures in this thread, how about a discussion on how assassins might add strength to the Sisters.

Nicely done, I'd never dare take a rotary tool to a sister ^^; Too fiddly.

Culexus would be pretty much useless in almost every Sisters build, I think. Too few enemies spam psykers. The other two are... well, they wouldn't exactly mesh well with the army. I guess they could tie up an enemy commander and maybe kill it, but the tactics don't mesh well with the close-range shooting.

Counter-charge I guess?

Nicely done, I'd never dare take a rotary tool to a sister ^^; Too fiddly.

It took forever and was a massive pain. I think it would be much easier with a heavy weapon body, but I didn't want to give up one of those. I figured I could spare a Storm Bolter body and just put up with the ridiculous grinding work just the one time.

i like the conversion, now she just needs super 80's visor shades and its complete. I like the assasins buy-n-large, all thier forms. Now i have to disagree with Miko in that i see myself adding a Culexus in my next couple of battles to try him out. He isn't just better if the enemy spams psykers (which he is much better by leaps and bounds), but he shuts down enemy psykers and is an inescapeable threat if one or more is present in the army. You can also power him up for shots with cheap inq psykers and the like as well :). Im still bitter that these four models cost me 17 dollars to use thoughfurious.gif

A fair job, but I'd take a fluff exception to it. Poison transmitting lasers are neither bolter, flamer, nor melta. I'd expect the Sororita's preferred sniper tool would have been the Stalker Modification of the Bolter and associated ammo.

I'd suggest a sister kneeling, or prone, under a camo-cloak with a scoped bolter, but this is perhaps a more intense conversion that is reasonable.

That would have to be a sculpt or a serious kitbash.

That said, if I was going to do it, I'd probably ask for a Space Marine rear torso, a Sisters backpack, Eldar Guardian legs, the Sisters front torso from the Immolator, and milliput for the cloak. Has anyone experimented with using modrock? Seems like it could be effective for making cloth things, being essentially cloth that dries hard.

The head would be a problem, though. The plastic Sabbat helmet is too big for the torso it goes on. Probably something like Brother Chaplain Kage's eldar-to-sister resculpt would be best.

As for the gun, a Godwyn pattern bolter with a barrel extention and scope from a scout Bolt Pistol would work well. Not sure if it would work with the Godwyn De'az.

The advantage of the camo cloak is that done right it may obviate the need for the rear torso bit.  I think sculpting robes may be easier than the armour bits, so if we did kneeling with the tabard draped over the knee might be more feasible. With money to burn I'd look at stealing legs from various sisters, pinning them together, and only looking to sculpt over the joins.

Excellent idea, and very well executed. My only criticism is that the scout sausage fingers under the rifle are far too large. Cut them off I say!

Yea, actually, I'd trim/file those down if possible, but that's well beyond my own modeling capabilities to do...in a way that doesn't look atrocious.

Archived