Units and Squads - Questions

Barbarov

Hello,

I have a quick and probably stupid question with regards to platoons, but I find the AM rules sometimes a little confusing.

Say for example I have Platoon (A) and it consists of;

1 x PCS with 2 x Autocannon Teams

2 x 10 man Infantry Squads

1. If I attached an "Allied" Inquisitor to the PCS, he has the Stubborn rule - does that confer to the Infantry Squads as well?

2. The Inquisitor casts Prescience on the PCS do the powers bonuses confer to the Infantry Squads?

3. The inquisitor has purchased Rad Grenades, do the bonuses of these grenades confer to the PCS and the Infantry Squads or just tot he squad he's attached to?

4. Does using the combined squad rule have any effect on any of the above?

5. If the Inquistor cast Prescience on a squadron of 2 x Wyverns do they both benefit from the rule or just the one he casts it on?

Thanks for your help.

Not stupid at all, I see where you are confused. Hopefully this can be of help to you.

1, 2 and 3 all have the same premise so I'll answer these as one. Other than being a single troops choice, the squads in the platoon are separate entities so only the squad he is in is stubborn, only the squad he casts powers on get the benefits and where equipment gives bonuses to him and his unit, it is once again only the unit he is in, not the rest of the platoon.

4 - yes it does. That is the only exception to the above. If your two 10 man infantry squads combine they become a single permanent 20 man squad for the remainder of the game and thus, joining the inquisitor to that squad gives all 20 the bonus as it becomes a single squad rather than 2.

5 - Yes. They both benefit as they are a single unit not two seperately entities.

Hope that helps clear things up.

First, your PCS can't have two autocannon teams.  Second, no, buffs to the command squad do not affect the rest of the platoon.  Third, the PCS cannot join the blob.  The Inquisitor can give the blob stubborn by joining them (screw that, give them a priest, they'll be fearless!), and he doesn't have to be in the blob to cast prescience on them.

Archived