Stern + DCAs/Crusaders/Priests

L30n1d4s

With the new Stern having Sanctuary automatically, I think a pretty potent unit would be him attached to a Battle Conclave (8 DCAs, 4 Crusaders to absorb hits) and 2 Priests (one with the Relic to autopass War Hymns).

On the Charge, if your get Hammerhand and Sanctuary off, this unit would have 36 S6 attacks at I6 (well, I5 for Stern) with Shred and WS5 and 8 S5 attacks at I3 with Shred and WS4.... all of the To Hit rolls are re-rollable (thanks to Zealot from the Priests) and the unit has Fearless.

If anything survives these attacks (and even Termies or units with 2+ saves will likely not, just due to the sheer volume and re-rolls to hit/to wound), it will strike back and have to get through the 2++ rerollable Invuls of the Crusaders and the 4++ re-rollable Invuls of the DCAs and the 3++ rerollable Invuls of Stern/Priests.

Expensive unit, but pretty ridiculous. Load it up in an allied GK LR Crusader and you are ready for business!!! ;)

Inquisitional Warbands can indeed be 12. Of course, that also means taking an Inquisitor to be able to take them, but of course points-wise they can be very cheap, and rules-wise very useful.

I'd like to get a Battle Conclave myself, but alas the model prices is the usual problem. I'd rather skip Stern though, rerollable 3++ is already pretty nutty, rerollable 2++ is just spiting your opponent tongue.png Not that I play GK anyway.

Build your own Battle Conclave then. msn-wink.gif OK, so these are priests and crusaders (my DCA got... hijacked for making priests), but it's sure possible!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/IK%20and%2040K/My%20Projects/IMG_0194_zps24f0e4ab.jpg

Well, anything's possible (well, not really) :P I like using official models where possible though. Even if I'm going to use an Acolyte as a Priest :P I like the DCA and Crusader models, and being currently available as resin is a bonus as well. Might go with something like 4 crusaders, 4 DCA and 2 arco-flagellants eventually. Speaking of arco-flagellants, funny how insane the arco-flagellant is in Priests of Mars, tearing apart a bunch of elite Eldar like they're nothing :P Not quite as crazy on the tabletop. But on another note, Inquisition's DCA are potentially nastier than Ecclesiarchy's, since they can take any two power weapons they want - sword+axe and such.

I believe the Inquisition DCA are armed with two Power Swords, just like DCA from SoB book (the old DCA in the last editions of Codex: Grey Knights had two power weapons and so could take what they wanted, but that option is gone now I am afraid).

I believe the Inquisition DCA are armed with two Power Swords, just like DCA from SoB book (the old DCA in the last editions of Codex: Grey Knights had two power weapons and so could take what they wanted, but that option is gone now I am afraid).

"Death Cult Assassin: Flak armour, two power weapons." Directly from the C:I. And there's no FAQ to change it either.

Archived