super heavies

Pyro X

so I'm trying to make sure I understand this correctly. Each detachment is allowed 1 Lord of War but I can always bring another detachment if I want to bring 2 baneblades for example. Is this correct? Could i get some examples on how that would be setup under 7th ed because we are doing a campaign and each game gets +250 each game (starting at 500) and ends at 1850.

Which is hilarious given how potent many of the basic GW stuff really is.

My store has warmed to Forgeworld once they realize how meh a lot of the stuff for it is, especially some of the IG superheavies which DO NOT have Str 10 AP 2 No Cover extra large blasts (damn GW!)

I got 3 knights, 4 russ, a Doom Hammer and a Shadow Sword waiting already. I may even load some Cent Dev's into the Shadow Sword and if I got the points allying DA PSG in the transport to make them cry at 1850

Sounds like...fun...

I don't understand the adversity to Forge World when most things in the standard Codices are far more powerful anyway, most of the time. Forge World is actually pretty weak across the board, aside from a few notable exceptions...

It's those exceptions...like, who wants sisters (I play them) to have an AV13 transport?  Spammed AV13 superscorers don't sound underpowered at all!

OTOH, I am pyst that my griffons have been removed from the codex and rendered "a FW item"...I can't figure out if they want to sell me eradicators or wyverns...but the griffon was obviously anticipated to cut into the sales of something!

Sounds like...fun...

I don't understand the adversity to Forge World when most things in the standard Codices are far more powerful anyway, most of the time. Forge World is actually pretty weak across the board, aside from a few notable exceptions...

Because fw heavily favours guard and space marines, neither of which are armies hurting for good options anyhow. I don't like it myself as their rules tend to be a mess, and difficult to get hold of)(legally) plus its more rules for people to have to try to be aware of.

Even one 565 point model (pimped out shadowsword) at 1850 is pretty much AYEIOB. Not at all a good all-comers option.

/edit/

Here's the centerpiece to my guard collection. It's won me one (1k points, unbound, just a fun "bring your worst cheese" night at the LDS where I paired it with kink-ignoring skyfire broadsides) game and forced a draw by exploding at the right moment the only other time I've fielded it. The thing is, in the normal game, it did next to nothing because the enemy got cover against the D-plate. The 565 points I had to drop in order to field it would have been far more effective:

med_gallery_13203_9402_671926.jpg

Archived