Arming my Tempestors

NovaScotius

Hi all,

I'm currently putting together the first couple of squads for a new Militarum Tempestus army, and I could do with some advice with regards to the sidearms that my Tempestors will be carrying.

The options are the Hotshot Pistol, Bolt Pistol and the Plasma Pistol; each of which seems to have pros and cons...

Hotshot Pistol

Pros: Free, consistent in terms of strength and AP with the weaponry that the rest of the squad will be carrying

Cons: Range is a real issue

Bolt Pistol

Pros: Free, standard pistol range, better strength than a Hotshot

Cons: Loses the really good AP value

Plasma Pistol

Pros: Best strength and AP of all the options, standard pistol range

Cons: Cost implication, occasionally will crispy fry its user!

So what do you guys arm your guys with? So far as I can tell, there's not much in it between the Bolt Pistol and the Hotshot; and the real question is whether to go Plasma or not? (Or am I missing something?!)

Thanks

I'd keep with the bolt pistol and invest the points elsewhere. Hotshot pistols drive me crazy, as I'm trying my best to stay more than 6 inches away from most armies. Plasma is just too much of a point investment for something that's pistol range and more often than not blows up your Tempestor, which there goes his leadership.

I tend to agree with my comrades here. Plasma pistol is just too expensive -- better to spend the same points on a plasma gun and have twice the shots at 12" unless you have points to spare (which you usually won't).

I have to laugh at the pictures in the codex of Tempestors with plasma pistols AND power fists. You could almost have an additional 5-man Scion squad for the price of that Tempestor! Although they do look cool kitted out like that. Yet I don't think I'd put that much war gear on anything with one wound.

Archived