Which Necron Unit To Destroy First?

Kilofix

I'm somewhat familiar with Necron units (having read their Codex) but TT-wise, I'm still not that sure which of the following Units I should try to destroy first:

• Overloard with Command Barge
  • Ghost Ark with Warriors
  • Annihilation Barge
  • Doom Scythe
  • Scarabs
  • Wraiths
  • Monolith

I'm not necessarily looking for the most deadly unit but rather the unit that I should destroy first given their resiliance relative to their threat. For example - the Doom Scythe may be more of a threat but the Monolith may be easier to destory because it can't Jink.

Assume I have some mixed force of Infantry, Armor, Heavy Weapons, Flyers, etc. (i.e. I can tailor my list to the accommodate suggested priority).

Thanks for the opinions.

I find with Necrons the best way of winning (going by what I find when I play them) is to eliminate their most powerful damage out put projectors first mas good as their infantry are, they are quite average in reality. With a bunch of Tesla Destructor and Wraiths, a volley from a Necron Warrior squad is nasty. Relying on just weakling infantry to carry the day you'll find that volley a half hearted effort.

Agreed there.   With the possible exception of ghost arcs, depending on the build and mission those things can make his warrior squads waaaaaaay too survivable.   Again though, hard to say in a vacuum.   

One of my basic principles with any game is to eliminate whole units at a time. Against Necrons this is not just a concept, but an imperative. When choosing which unit to focus on first, it all depends on what you can focus on with the appropriate weapons while minimizing your own exposure.

Jacinda is exactly right. 

Personally I despise wraiths, but they mainly seem to be a tarpit tbh so don't let them touch your combat troops and you'll be ok, pie plate scarabs if they are approaching your tanks, but otherwise they are pretty underwhelming.

The annihilation barge seems to be pretty limited (i think its weapon is ordnance so it cant really move) but if it has LOS it can be a cussache

Monoliths never seem to achieve very much, so I tend to leave them until meltabomb time.

Personally I've found my best tactics (in 6th, not played 7th yet) against necrons to be to kill ALL of the warriors early as possible, and try to ignore / avoid the heavy hitters. This worked with both my BA and IG. if you're using your guard, take manticores to end his infantry and something AP1 for the vehicles and I'm sure you'll be golden. If your'e using your CSM go for anything choppy - raptors / warptalons and those horrible mutilators will completely ruin a necron player's day i would imagine

Archived