Next steps?

Castellan Blackmane

So I have the first phase of my army. CCS, 2 vets squads, PCS, one infantry squad(Will get at least 2 more), Tempestus scions command squad with 4 volley guns, 5 scions, bullgryns (Because they look awesome, may use) and an aegis. So where now?

I know I want a few more bodies at the very least, a Primaris psyker, commissar, at least one if not 2 vendettas/valkyries, at least 2 russ's and less certain about getting a wyvedn or 2, perhaps even sentinels or hellhound variants but seriously I haven't got much direction. I don't know whether to go human wave with combined squads and conscripts, a mech list, a flier list or some combination of the lot!

Inspiration or guidance much appreciated

I can't understate the importance of Chimeras. With all of the "Ignores Cover" rules floating around in armies nowadays, moving your boys along with a Chimera will keep them from being obliterated. It's cheap, has good front armor, and can pack a punch alongside with keeping your important stuff alive and firing out of the hatch.

How have you gotten so far without buying a pile of tanks? The first thing I did was get a pile of tanks!

That aside, Wyverns, Leman Russes and Hellhound variants are all vehicles I'd recommend due to them being very versatile if you crack out the magnets, and very capable of bringing hurt against the right kind of target.

No heavy weapon teams?

it's sad to say but our heavy weapon teams(except the lascannon teams) are completly outclassed by the wyvern,both in durability and damage output. for the price of 2-3 heavy weapon squads (depending on weapon), you could get 3 wyverns in a squadron, which will always work better! and given the low tax we pay to go double force org chart you will always have plenty of heavy support slots available!

Tanks, my boy!  The more the merrier!  The boom of the main gun, the clack-clack-clack of treads of plastic-crete, and smell of fresh promethium burning the sin from heretics and xenos, THAT is what you need.  Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!  Tanks!  No Imperium army is complete without them.

So I have the first phase of my army. CCS, 2 vets squads, PCS, one infantry squad(Will get at least 2 more), Tempestus scions command squad with 4 volley guns, 5 scions, bullgryns (Because they look awesome, may use) and an aegis. So where now?

I know I want a few more bodies at the very least, a Primaris psyker, commissar, at least one if not 2 vendettas/valkyries, at least 2 russ's and less certain about getting a wyvedn or 2, perhaps even sentinels or hellhound variants but seriously I haven't got much direction. I don't know whether to go human wave with combined squads and conscripts, a mech list, a flier list or some combination of the lot!

Inspiration or guidance much appreciated

I'd love to know where you found the rules for an Aegis is 7th edition going through the codex and rulebooks I'm not finding the dang things.

Archived