30K player wannabe psycology failure

caprera

That's fine, because while we are in that ditch our terminators have transported on top of their hqs our tanks have pulled up on their flanks, and their men manning the walls are actually our men, and they are the opening gate for us. But don't worry little Iron Men, complain and be bitter about doing your job, about having to garrison and fight and everything you were designed to do. In the XXth we fight for no recognition, for no laurels, if you see us fighting, it's just cos we want you to know that we are just plain better then you :p

The correct answer is Iron Warriors Hands. Every time. Although 60% of the time it's Ultramarines.

There ya go, fixed that for ya msn-wink.gif

Pfft only your hands are metal. We are pure Iron!

Your may be of iron, but you still need to be moulded and shaped between the fire, hammer and anvil. Let us Salamanders show you how its done!

Actually on topic though, try and pick the armour mk that you prefer to inform your armies look. In my case Mk III. Would you rather be Traitor or Loyalist? I chose Loyalist, which left me looking at Salamanders or Imperial Fists. I prefer the Salamanders Legion and their special units are awesome, so I chose them. That was my process anyway, not sure if it'll help or not, but might give you something to think about.

Wait this isn't the legion smack talking thread. We really need one of those...

On topic, 30k offers a lot of choice. Think outside the box, Iron Hand Recon, Salamander fast attack, Blood Angel armour task force, you want do it, it can be done, and it can fit the background.

First of all, yes we do need a Legion Smack Talking Thread and fast msn-wink.gif

Then following what Castiel was saying I do have some guidelines: my likings would be Loyalist, crusade armours, Terran origins for legionnaires and drop-pod/shooty (at least at the start).

At the same time my RG project was to go for a full MKVI with RG beakies, something that I thought about for a long time...

Problem here is more personal that fluffy-ish, I always over think and it takes a huge time to pick a decision while I am easily influenced, see reading "Legion", even though the Alpharians always knew my secret liking for them. I am sure anyway that I won't settle for a single project, because this setting and how FW and not GW is coming up with the rules, is something I was waiting for to come back to the table or at least the modelling part. Not that I like everything but I see it as a way superior game than what 40k has become (see toddlers and wolves riders). In some ways the first army should be a learning partner and maybe the Alpha Legion with it's versatility is really the answer while I see RG and NL a more precise choice (and way more competitive).

At least I have no doubts at what game to look biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived