Irish regiment needs a name........HELP!

shen_Fang

Well I guess the Valhallans are out then.

Most Norse names are relatively short like Odin, Thor and Loki. Even Grendel is short for a violent foe. The Space Wolves share a Viking tradition as well but perhaps you could make a play on Loki since he was a trickster and guerrilla style tactics favor dirty tricks to overcome a more superior enemy.

Loken is possible as I doubt few in 40k would remember the ill-fated Luna Wolf. Or perhaps Lokians, etc... I have used Language Dictionaries and modified a word in another language. Most Vikings hailed from Scandanavia and Denmark so perhaps Norwegian or Danish words.

Welcome to the B&C! Always good to see another regiment forming, especially when you already have a strong theme in mind. I agree with Moustache - an Irish regiment needs an Irish name! I'm at work currently so I can't add much more but I'll have a dig around if I can find the time :tu:

Thank all of you for your help. I am currently fleshing out the rest of there history. Mainly I know that Russ unofficially colonized the planet in hopes of making a sister planet that they could pull more aspirants. Buuuuut Russ disappeared and never archived the planet and they where forgotten. Presently rogue traders "found" the planet.

The folklore of the people there is space wolves and eldar in there stories before they where absorbed into the imperium.

I was going to suggest something along the lines of a current or old Irish Regimental name and then edit it slightly such as:

Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

Imperial (insert planet name here) Fusiliers

4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards

4th Imperial (insert planet name here) Dragoon Guards

7th Battalion, Ulster Defence Regiment

7th Battalion, (insert planet name here) Defence Regiment

@Cap'm Heckus you beat me to it here .

As he is from spoken folklore his name has a number of spellings though.

You should read the wiki article about him... He is noted for his terrifying berserk (battle frenzy) and tragic heroic death. 

The 2000AD character Slain is loosely based on him.

Someone did a counts as space wolves army based on Cu Chulainn a while back, Think they were called "The hounds of Cu Chulainn"?

Archived