Slaanesh Daemon Prince, Wings, ML3 (Telepathy), 2x greater gift

Marine Squad - 10, 2 meltaguns, rhino with dozer blades

Marine Squad - 5, rhino with dozer blades, death of kasyer lutien

Havocs - x5, 4 Autocannons

Havocs - x5, 4 Missile Launchers

Fire Raptor

ADL w/ Quad-Gun

CD Combined Arms

Herald - ML3 (Malefic), exalted gift (for portalglyph)

Herald - ML3 (Malefic)

Horrors - x12, ML2 (Malefic)

Nurgle/Slaanesh Soulgrinder, bombardment (or a Plague Hulk)

The problem I'm immediately having with this is that even without the Rhinos, Fire Raptor and upgrades a la Kasyer Lutien (whatever that is) is that it comes to nearly 2,100 pts...

yeah, true, let me try again. The problem is that DPs are very overpriced, as are a lot of Chaos Marine things

CSM Combined Arms

Chaos Sorceror, balestar, lvl 3

10x Cultists

Marine Squad - 5, rhino with dozer blades, death of kasyer lutien

Havocs - x5, 4 Autocannons

Fire Raptor

CD Combined Arms

Herald - ML3 (Malefic)

Herald - ML3 (Malefic)

Keeper of Secrets, 2x greater gift, psyker lvl 3

Nurgle/Slaanesh soulgrinder, bombardment

This is actually a variation of a list I used at a lot of tournaments.

I didn't know you could take CADs from two or more Factions. 

What is the point of the Allied Detachment in that case?

If you just want a little bit from another army you can pick the Allied Detachment. Basically you trade having to pick two troops with only getting to pick one of each other slot.

The Combined Arms detachment only has the rule that the units within the detachment needs to share the same faction. Some one detachment of CSM (whatever, normal legal army) and one detachment of 2 Flyrants and 2 units of gaunts is a legal battleforged army.

In a list where I have two thousand sons units a level three sorcerer, a lord of change and a unit of horrors, would a level two with mark of tzeentch and his non tzzentch power in Maelific be any good? CHances are both the horrors and the lord of change would be using maelific, so having another one could be good, though as he would have the MOT so the big sorcerer does not have it, it does mean he only has the one power from the maelific lore and if he wants summoning, has to swap for it.

Is Maelific any good if you can't max out on it and get the primaris for free?

Im personally going to try running this at 1k it could be fun tbh

HQ

Chaos Sorceror Varbaal the Bringer of the Unholy Ones 150 points

ml3 sigil spell familiar malefic

Troops

20x Chaos Cultists 115 points

18 auto guns shotgun heavy stubber

10x cultists 50 points

10 Chaos Marines 200 points

2 plasma guns champion has 2 plasma pistols

Rhino 35 points

10 chaos marines 200 points

2 plasma guns champion has 2 plasma pistols

Rhino 35 points

Heavy support

5x Havocs 115 points

Auto cannons

Obliterator 70 points

Sorceror goes all 3 powers on malefic and sits with the big blob of cultists

Hey, A.C.C. I used to live in Leicester, went to law school there. Are you a Phat Kat, a Squig or none of the above?

I'm yet to play a game in 7th so I can't comment on your list personally too much but I'm advised that CSM are bad, though on paper they don't look all that bad to me. Not good, but not all that bad either. 

I wouldn't have a non-Daemon casting Malefic, however. Sorcerors only have two Wounds and you need 5 dice to have a 50% shot of a WC3 power going off, which all but guarantees a Perils. 

Has anyone tried summoning without a list dedicated for summoning ? As in an ML2-3 Sorcerer just banking on the Primaris for Daemonology ?

How did it work out ? Was it efficient or did the Sorcerer fry his brains quickly enough ?

Cheers ! :)

I have tried to use summoning as an additional line of attack for my csm army. It is probably not the top notch tournament strategy, but it worked fine for me in my recent games.

I had the best results with an unmarked lvl 3 sorcerer rolling on telepathy and a lvl 2 flying daemon prince. Both with spell familiar. You need 5 dice and the familiar to get off the summoning spell reliably every turn. So even with a 1 on the roll for warp charges you get 6 dice with this set up. You need a daemon to summon because of the higher risk of perils. A normal sorcerer will be short-lived even with a spell familiar. You also need the second sorcerer to cast spells your opponent will be tempted to ban. Summoning is hard to ban when cast successfully, but it can be done if your opponent will simply throw all his dice against it. So the sorcerer provides relief with his usually useful spells (on telepathy he will always get psychic shriek).

The daemon prince has 4 wounds and even with him I get perils about twice each game. You really want him to summon at least three times, so keep the prince back and withstand the urge to throw him right into combat. Use a Nurgle prince and set him up at one flank (protect him with other units and make sure he has cover), he will draw your opponents attention. Take to the air if anything dangerous moves his way, or if you want to summon a unit at a particular point on the battlefield. I also give mine a daemon weapon. It is what makes him hit really hard and is his best chance to survive/be of use in a close combat if there is no other way. But still, you shouldn't forget that he's there for summoning mainly.

Why do this and not simply use biomancy and the prince as a glass gun? Every summoned unit is bare extra points. When they shoot at the new daemons they don't shoot at your other stuff. If the daemons are allowed to stay you generate additional units to gain more field control, they score points and put additional pressure on your opponent. So far I summoned Plague Bearers and Daemonettes. I plan to try out seekers as well for their crazy speed.

Some of you may be interested that I recently went to a tough 1850 tournament that was practice for an upcoming national ITC tournament. I got first place out of 38 people with my summoning list. You can find a brief summary of what I brought and how my games turned out in the link in my sig.

Archived