chaos to have new battle brother?

hornywingythingy

Vraks update aside, I imagine the most likely thing is a Chaos Knight. They've been an EXTREMELY successful release for the Imperial armies and Chaos players have been asking after them since the first announcement (then again they've been asking for Legions since 4th) That said, I agree with people that "XYZ... with spikes!" continues to get old. 

I could see a Lost and Damned army in the form of a Sisters of Battle-esq Digital Codex mind you, though I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than Codex: Spiky Imperial Guard with some converted 'studio armies' as illustration. That said, it would be better than nothing and a nice non-Forge World bone thrown to the poor sods who had their Traitor Guard armies further punched in the gut by Come the Apocalypse 'Guard in 7th.

Either way, I'll still be chugging salt. It probably is just Forge World.

It would be cool if Inquisitors were allowed to take upgrades that made them BB with Chaos detachments, to represent then either being all the way traitor or renegades seeking to use chaos against itself. As for LatD, they need to be an army. They are to integral to the military power of Chaos.

It would be cool if Inquisitors were allowed to take upgrades that made them BB with Chaos detachments, to represent then either being all the way traitor or renegades seeking to use chaos against itself. As for LatD, they need to be an army. They are to integral to the military power of Chaos.

Agreed, the Lost and the Damned are a -huge- part of the Chaos legions.

I honestly think Radical Inquisitors still work fine as Come the Apocalypse. Chaos is a slippery slope after all and I think by the point he's 'Battle Brothers' with Chaos Marines he's no longer really acting as an Inquisitor so much as another Chaos Champion who is abusing his authority to actively screw over the Imperium until s/he is discovered. That said, if Astarte Librarians can Summon I fail to see why Inquisitors don't have access to it either considering how often we see them go off the deep end in Dark Heresy/Black Library.

I would honestly love to see a Chaos Champion unit in a Lost and Damned 'dex that had a massive bucket load of options akin to Codex: Inquisition just so you could easily represent many different types of traitor non-Marine humans.

My guess is the FW chaos renegades update.

That's my guess to, there've been a bunch of people coming back from various FW events saying that IA13 will be the Chaos version of IA2:2nd with an updates Chaos Renegades list of some sort with it, so something like the Siege of Vraks lists or the old Lost and the Damned.

To say they simply have spikes put on them is a fundamental misunderstanding of what Chaos is or what it does

Speaking of fundamental misunderstandings…

Dude, come on. I'm not saying it is. My entire point is that it isn't, or shouldn't be. Since it apparently wasn't thumpingly obvious enough: take "with spikes on" as any brand of witless, unimaginative Chaosification of another army's units.

But that is what people ask for. Look at literally any recent Imperial release thread, and you'll have multiple Chaos players bitching about not being able to take it with their Chaos army. They never say "why don't we get a data slate for something cool, and unique, and completely outside the sphere of Imperial influences?"

Because GW can't or won't give it to us in a concise, functional manner like Imperial Armies.  If it's "Chaos" it will involve 2-3 randumb Tables and a chance for your guy to hit himself.

For crying out loud, a  Create-A-Daemon Weapon was in THE GREY KNIGHT CODEX but not in the CSM codex.

As was Greater Demon Creation to fight against back when the website actually had hobbying tutorials and instructions.

Understandably we have had traitor Titan Legions, Knight Houses, and Guard armies, occasionally with a fallen inquisitor or a older khornate death cult assassin. Which isn't hard to ask for, but with GW's writing, we're neither getting lumps of tentacles or Spikey Imperials.

Hell, we're not getting anything because we have older codexes which need updating, and anyone can blacklist FW material.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived