Titan Slaying

Toldavf

Just ran up against a Stompa in a local Tournament, and killed it in a Assault.  This is the 2nd time i faced the beast in 3 local tourny's and this time i was ready.

Captain = 185
Artificer Armour, Combi Melta, Teeth of Terra, Jump Pack, Digital weapons, Melta bombs.

Dreanought = 120
Assault Cannon.

Vanguard Veterans x5 = 255 pts
Storm Shield, 2x Grav Pistol, Plasma Pistol, Power Axe, Power Maul, Power sword, Power fist, Jump Packs, 4x Melta bombs.

IN

Stormraven Gunship = 235 pts
Twin-linked Plasma cannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta, 4x Stormstrike missiles, 2x Hurricane bolters, Extra armour.

The fight against the Stompa was a blood bath.  The Stompa was filled with mechs that could repair it and give it a cover save.  Also inside was his Warboss holding onto a Relic.  It was my plan from the start to kill the beast, but once it ate my Relic it was the only thing left to do or loose.  It took 3 player combat phases to kill it and he failed to repair a single HP with a lot of failed 5+ re roll able dice.  The Melta Bombs did all the work but failed to roll a single d3 HP penetration roll until the very end.  I bunched my models together and took to many death from stomps but that was not enough to save the beast.   My Captain, Dreadnought and 1 Vanguard Vet were lost in the effort and i even failed a break test at the end of the 2nd assault phase.  Lucky for me that let me charge back in and finish the job.  My Shooting against it was uneventful (5 + cover save soaked up all his luck), sad to say, but over all the dice were on my side in the fight. 

The Storm Raven made it all possible.  Once again the Zoom and Boom was FTW.

Monsters killed by this unit:

Baneblade, Stompa, Wraithknight x2, Riptide

ive killed a stompa with my 2 chapter masters and a ravenwing command squad, stasis nade and covrus hammers ftw, also killed a T ctan with that squad as well, mowed him down in 4 rounds of cc

Archived