4th company project log

Jønke

I'm finishing up a 10 man lascannon dev squad. Missiles just don't cut it for me anymore.

Next dev squads will be a 5 man 2 grab unit with rhino and 6 man 4 hvb squad for cheap firepower.

The plan for me now is to go for 2 gravs aswell. Also think im gonna makle 1-2 plasma cannons since i dont have any in my army yet. How do you equip your sergent? Just bolter and signum?

I actually gave my last sergeant a combi grav just in case I ever feel the need to use him in a sky hammer force, and also because it looks cool. My other dev sergeant gets a Bolter. No need for anything else, really, as the signum means he won't be doing anything at all 90% of the time. Edited by Xenith

Combi-flamer is worth a look, too. You'll never use it in your usual shooting, but d3 guaranteed hits on overwatch could be the difference between a successful charge or not. It's also hilarious when you get charged by the last two members of a CC deathstar and you kill them both with the flamer.

Combi-flamer is worth a look, too. You'll never use it in your usual shooting, but d3 guaranteed hits on overwatch could be the difference between a successful charge or not. It's also hilarious when you get charged by the last two members of a CC deathstar and you kill them both with the flamer.

Good point. I might do just that.

Just make sure it's not a Warboss with Lucky Stick at the front.

Even squad firestorm couldn't pierce that veil of utter :censored:

Though admittedly that is all the Orks have.

Only played against it once. he killed himself in turn 2 :D

• 9 months later...

It's been faar to long....

After moving into a new apartment i've finally picked up a paintbrush last night. Wont show the single layer of coat i gave to a dread but my hobby juices have really been flowing since the release of 8th.

My gaming group are trying to play every 2nd thursday at my apartment and so faar my blood angels have been on the table 3 times. I have only won a single battle but its fun to be playing again.

Abouth the new releases, i can't say im happy with the addition of the pårimari marines. Haveing 200+ normal marines makes one dislike changes. Thankfully i dont see the primaris replacing the old marines atm.
That being said i still got the marines from the new starter set and i plan on paiting them up, just like all the other gray plastic i have.

I really like the new style of FOC. Now i can actually make a pure terminator army without having to resort to a semi heresy codex.

And terminators suck faar less now!

Anyway. Some hobby progress. With the new buffs captains are finally woth taking so i wanted to do a terminator one. I do have the karlaen one painted up but his weapons kinda suck. It seems like the best bang for your buck is relic blade and a combi bolter? Input welcome. I planned to kitbash one but was sidetracked with the sergent lorenzo model from space hulk. Its a gorgeus model imo and a easy conversion. So i made this.

2017-08-25%2012.29.36.jpg?raw=1

2017-08-25%2012.29.54.jpg?raw=1

His wrist is magnetized so i can change his weapon. So faar the combi plasma will be the one im using.

I've also assembled the first 5 intercessors and look forward to try to slap some paint onto them.

2017-08-25%2012.30.10.jpg?raw=1

I am also in the process of giving all my PA marines 32mm bases. In the same sitting i want to do some touch ups since my painting have improved vastly from my old ones to the new ones. Not sure the pictures really show the difference but i have changed a few methhods for the better.

2017-08-25%2015.57.35.jpg?raw=1

Better see if i can stick to one thing at the time and actually finish something.....

Thx for stopping by

Looking good!

I'm doing the exact same thing moving my older models from 25mm to 32mm. It's actually a more enjoyable process than I thought it would be, and I too am tempted to do some touch ups as I go! Still eager to get in to my new plans though.

Are those shoulder pad symbols from Shapeways?

Edited by LutherMax

Looking good!

I'm doing the exact same thing moving my older models from 25mm to 32mm. It's actually a more enjoyable process than I thought it would be, and I too am tempted to do some touch ups as I go! Still eager to get in to my new plans though.

Are those shoulder pad symbols from Shapeways?

Thanks.

Yes they are. I ordered a package of them and a package of combi-plasmas like the one i use for my captain. I've seen alot of people shaving of the shoulderpads in order to put some BA ones on. This just seemed easyer, even though the other option will give more variety. 

But i needed something for the models where i cant replace the shoulder anyway. Like the primaris jump pack dudes. This way i can also add BA shoulders to old metal minis and other stuff where its to much of a hassle to change shoulder.

• 1 year later...

So.... 1½ year since last update. Might be a new record. 

Have been working for to much for a little more than a year but i have actually been painting a bit.

This are the first 5 primaris marines to join my ranks.

TE1Zc64.jpg

These was rather fast for me to paint. Have been trying out the varnish n' wash trick from Luthers blog. When i got the hang of it it worked wonders. Also like the more matte finish i get compared to what i had before.

I've just primed the last models i need for a full devastator squad.

Although there are a laying way to go, i really wanna finish my battle company before i have to retire the non primaris marines :tongue.:

I have nearly finished my test knight for a small knight army i felt like making after i discovered I've had 4 laying around.

Thx guys :biggrin.: Glad you like them.

Blood angels was the first marines i've got to know back when i startet in 2nd edition so i wanted to stick to the bright color scheme.

Allthough if i wanted to go all out on 2nd ed i guess i should have painted them orange :whistling:

One of the models i should absolutely finish asap is my captain smash. I'm trying to paint dark grey DC armor so it is possible to shade it. Seems easyer to me than making good looking black armour :tongue.:

vU9VL30.jpg

And then just a quick pic of the dev squad im working at and the test titan.

nQ4Va1Y.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :smile.:

• 7 months later...

Even though im really bad at updating the log i have been kinda productive'ish lately.

First off i finished off the knigget. That one was mostly an exercise in airbrushing. Getting out of my 'spray one basecoat then brush' zone. Overall im happy with it though i can see lots of stuff where i can get better.

Also i painted it very fast compared to all my other stuff. So guess im starting my knight army.

70ksgF5.jpg?4

Experimenting with light setup and phone pictures. Inputs will be highly appriciated.

Will come back with some finished angels when i get some pictures taken.

Thx for reading :smile.:

Edit: Turned up also to be an exersize in imgur -.-

Edited by Jønke

Thank you Bjorn!

Playing around with natural light and camera settings. Not satisfied yet. Only just shows that i finished a dev squad :tongue.:

rSZpN6O.jpg

Lack of photography skills aside im closing in on a finished battle company :biggrin.:

Heads for heavy weapons are magnetized so i can switch them between my tac squats.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the comments. Keeps the painting mojo up :smile.:

I've been without camera for a few weeks since my phone was at the shop getting a new screen. So i haven't been able to take any picture before now.

I've finished off another terminator assault squad that probably wont see much action on the tabletop. :tongue.:

Back when the 5th edition dark angel codex came out i wanted to do a Deathwing army in blood angel colors. Back then it was the only way to make a all out terminator/1st company army. And i do love Termies dreads and land raiders.

So i made the Deathwing knights back then, mostly just because i really liked the models, and only just finished them now. Behold!

ijX4vQf.jpg?1

I've magnetized their right wrists so i can change between the maces and thunderhammers. Maybe swords if i need to proxy crimson paladins?

Mynsthj.jpg?1

Right now I've got some hellblasters on the painting table. I have really optimized my process i think so they should not take too long to finish.