489th Regiment of the Vostroyan Firstborn, Able Company

Quicksilver117

Hello. I am a newcomer to tabletop w40k. and I just made an account on this website today. I have read a little of the Black Library novels and I enjoy the fluff of this game's universe a lot. A couple weeks ago, I walked up to a demo match that games-workshop was putting on basically letting people play with painted sets of their Dark Vengeance pack. I had a ton of fun crushing the chaos-tainted soul of some 14 year old heretic kid playing as the heroic Dark Angels. The only thing I was really worried about is my complete and total inability to use a paintbrush. However, my girlfriend who was with me at the time walked over to the Games-workshop "Paint and Play" booth and painted a little zombie figurine. It looked really cool and she said she had so much fun painting it that she would happily paint any army I bought. So I jumped in with both feet and bought a large lot of Imperial Guard troops (Space Marines are fun but I prefer vanilla humans) who are well known to be the true instruments of the Emperor's will in these dark times. The set I got has a couple of tanks and a lot of troops. I have already played a couple of 500pt matches with another new guy. He has a friend who coached us through it and the other new guy borrowed an Iron Hands Space Marines army to face me with. Powered by the Emperor's holy light, the 489th Vostroyan regiment was victorious both matches against the misguided Adeptus Astartes of the Iron Hands chapter. In any case, I figured it would be cool to track my gf's progress as she paints a huge and complex army which is also the first figurines she has ever done. 

Before painting:

It Starts...

and the leader which she has named Ivan before she started

Ivan Before Painting

And here is her finished product for Ivan

Major Ivan Robotovich "The Badass"

and now the army grows

Platoon Leader

Firstborn

The entourage grows

First Tank Complete in the "Iron Man" armored division

The Fist of the Emperor (And possibly Tony Stark)

Anyway, Hello and I would like to keep updating as the work goes. Thank yall for your time.

Welcome to the hobby Quicksilver - you've made a good choice with the Guard and B&C ;) I wouldn't worry about your painting, nobody expects master pieces. To be honest I'm more than happy just to see a painted army on the other side of the table so how well it is painted doesn't really matter :lol: Though with so many Guardsmen to have I'm sure your girlfriend will soon regret her decision :P

Sounds like you've got a great introduction to the game, so keep us up to date with your army's progress :) We're always here if you have any game related questions though, the barracks is a friendly and productive place :D

Archived