Space Hulk quality issues

JeffTibbetts

Having just picked mine up from fedex after having missed the delivery on tuesday, I came into this thinking I wouldn't have any problems with the product as was mentioned in this thread.

Safe to say everything was looking fine until I got to the Mission book :

Three of the Pages near the center had not been properly cut during printing/manufacturing so they had the tops of the pages more of less stuck together. To separate them I had to use my hobby knife but that still meant that some of the page tops tore ever so slightly. 

While it is something minor and really, doesn't bother me all that much, it was still a disappointment....oh well...

Having just picked mine up from fedex after having missed the delivery on tuesday, I came into this thinking I wouldn't have any problems with the product as was mentioned in this thread.

Safe to say everything was looking fine until I got to the Mission book :

Three of the Pages near the center had not been properly cut during printing/manufacturing so they had the tops of the pages more of less stuck together. To separate them I had to use my hobby knife but that still meant that some of the page tops tore ever so slightly. 

While it is something minor and really, doesn't bother me all that much, it was still a disappointment....oh well...

Oh no! Again, not end-of-the-world stuff, but irritating. It just seems like the QA really fell off. I dunno if they were cranking them out or what. Usually quality issues are super rare for me. The different plastic made me wonder if these are contracted out to some other company that does board games. I see no evidence of that in the literature, though. 

The worst part was that they were mission pages. I was legitimately afraid of ripping one in half as I tried to separate them :x Luckily I didn't and the tears are ~less that 3mm long. So all good.

If anyone has any issues, even minor ones you don't need a replacement for...tell them.  You do QA is various ways and they can't know if their's is working or not if they aren't aware of problems.  If there's an issue with their printers cutting the pages and no-one tells them it's never going to change.  Complaints are good. It's lets you know where your problems are so you can sort them out. I work with QA of some equipment (not retail stuff but the prinicple is the same) and nothing :cusses you off more when someone comes in with an issue about something sayings it's been happening for months. Why didn't you say something earlier? [Dreadsock to the face]

BTW, all mine seem fine.

I got my replacement counter sheet today! No email shipment notice or anything. Weird. No sprue for the Librarian, though. 

My copy had two rulebooks, and no missions book. 

Maybe you can find the poor sod who got two mission books and tradesies? 

Archived