Crushing Victory

The other day i played a friend to practice for an up coming 750 tournament. Both of us are to be competing in this so... Now I'm a good strategist and usually play strong balanced armies. I'm not a WAAK gamer. I do maximize my points but i don't spam broken/OP units or cheat just to win. With that said, my local tournament meta is filled with WAAK gamers. I decided that its time for a little pay back against those power gamers. I devised a list that may be(totally) a little broken. Have you ever had a game that was so lopsided that you felt bad for your opponent? This was one of those games for me. I actually apologised for the whooping i gave him. Fortunately he was a good sport about everything.

In our practice game i took..

Hq

CCS w/ camo, lascannon

Troops

Vets w/ forward sentries, sniper rifle, missile launcher, bolter

Vets w/ forward sentries, grenadiers, 2 meltas, bolter

Fast

A. Sentinel w/ autocannon

A. Sentinel w/ autocannon

Allied detachment

Knight Titan Errent

My opponent took...

Imperithingsts

Hq.

Captain w/ artificar armor, relic blade, combi-grav

Elite.

5 sternguard (forget load out)

Troops.

Tac sqd w/ missile launcher, melta

Tac sqd w/ missile launcher, plasma gun

Fast.

5 vanguard vets

Long story short. The Knight Titan killed his whole army almost single handedly. Never even losing a hull point. The game ended in the 4th turn with the Knight killing 26 of his 31 marines. My sniper was the runner up with 3 shots/ 3 kills.

I tell ya though i did learn a few things.

Like playing a knight below 1000pts. won't make you any friends ;),

and armored sentinels are great tarpit units.

And bolters are a must for the vet sgt.

The tournament is this coming Saturday and i'll do a full battle report. Hopefully i can make a few WAAC gamers cry in a fit of nerd rage. :)

Having been on the receiving end of just such a whooping I can testify that Knights are a pain in the bum. Below 1k they are all kinds of broken. If you play it right, your Vets/Sents should be able to quickly tackle anything that might take down your kiniggit.

A bike army with a bunch of melta weaponry would throw a spanner in the works, though.

Archived