Cheers guys. Figured that the answer was PVA but I could have sworn some have used a tiny drop of superglue and gotten away with it...

That's what I did - superglue but the smallest amount I thought I could get away with. Made sure to glue the canopy to the plastic bits required and leave it separate to air out before glueing the complete canopy to the main model and sealing it up. Worked nicely on my Stormraven no frosting at all.

Yes tiny drops in the corners works, then resting it to dry. As mentioned the trick is to glue it at the right time for the model, so you can paint the interior and it doesn't get unnecessary exposure to glue during the remainder of the building process. I did this on my Stormtalon for a secure bond with no frosting :smile.:

I thought someone said if you taped up the clear plastic it wouldn't get frosty. Is that not true? I was about to start working on my Stormraven's base, but I don't want to mess up the stand...

I thought someone said if you taped up the clear plastic it wouldn't get frosty. Is that not true? I was about to start working on my Stormraven's base, but I don't want to mess up the stand...

Yes, I used painters tape around the clear plastic flyer stand and used superglue glue it to the stand. After I finished basing and painting I took the tape off and it was completely clear still!

FAQ is out. Immediate reaction: Frag Cannon only ever does D3 wounds regardless of weapon profile and grenades are confirmed nerfed, 1 per phase. Psychic phase also nerfed spells per level and no recasts from same group. Until 8th edition drops this is how we go from here on out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

A little annoyed they ruled against frag cannons firing 2D3 over watch. We have very little going for us rules wise. Now I find out dark Angels are getting more formations etc.

When they already are stubborn, hatred chaos, over watch at bs2 and have a decent Demi company what more do they need?

Sorry about the complaints, letting off steam.

FAQ is out. Immediate reaction: Frag Cannon only ever does D3 wounds regardless of weapon profile and grenades are confirmed nerfed, 1 per phase. Psychic phase also nerfed spells per level and no recasts from same group. Until 8th edition drops this is how we go from here on out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

All expected and fair rulings. Edited by appiah5

Brothers.  My family has been blessed with the early arrival of a new Initiate..  As such, I have been reassigned to the post of Master of Recruits at home, and my time will be mostly reserved to overseeing all initiation rites.  I will likely have my hobby time reduced to pretty much nothing, so do not expect anything but sporadic painting from me until our Initiate is ready to join the reserve company..  So, see you all later, whenever that may be.  You will be missed.

Brothers.  My family has been blessed with the early arrival of a new Initiate..  As such, I have been reassigned to the post of Master of Recruits at home, and my time will be mostly reserved to overseeing all initiation rites.  I will likely have my hobby time reduced to pretty much nothing, so do not expect anything but sporadic painting from me until our Initiate is ready to join the reserve company..  So, see you all later, whenever that may be.  You will be missed.

Congratulations! :) 

Talking from experience, you'll find time for the hobby again - even if it takes you three months to paint half a Stormraven :dry.:

Which incidentally, is much more than Charlo has done... 

Indeed!

Really I'm thinking of taking a break from the BA. I had loads of ideas for units and successor fluff and I think it just all got a bit too built up in my head.

If the new 1KSons stuff turns out great going to dive into those a unit at a time...

Don't worry though - I'll still be here - plus the Red paint will be out anyway so I'll probably finish those bikes and land speeders at least ;)

Brothers. My family has been blessed with the early arrival of a new Initiate.. As such, I have been reassigned to the post of Master of Recruits at home, and my time will be mostly reserved to overseeing all initiation rites. I will likely have my hobby time reduced to pretty much nothing, so do not expect anything but sporadic painting from me until our Initiate is ready to join the reserve company.. So, see you all later, whenever that may be. You will be missed.

Congrats! We will miss you too!

Brothers. My family has been blessed with the early arrival of a new Initiate.. As such, I have been reassigned to the post of Master of Recruits at home, and my time will be mostly reserved to overseeing all initiation rites. I will likely have my hobby time reduced to pretty much nothing, so do not expect anything but sporadic painting from me until our Initiate is ready to join the reserve company.. So, see you all later, whenever that may be. You will be missed.

Hey hey, many congratulations to the family! Please tell me you have a red pushchair?

Hey hey, many congratulations to the family! Please tell me you have a red pushchair?

They go faster.

Congrats!

Unfortunately, it's not.

It's black.  We are hardcore from birth!