Thanks for the tips guys. Turns out I used the wrong kind of alcohol to thin and it coagulated with the paint and gooped it all up, haha.. Looks like I need to get some thinner to give it a good clean. If things goes wrong, well, it's just a NEO, I've been thinking of upgrading anyway..

I've got several airbrushes, but my Neo (pistol grip) is probably my favorite. It is relatively easy to clean (with the right cleaner!) and it's just so comfortable to use. Iwata costumer service is amazing too. If you find that you've broken any part of the airbrush just call them up. My first time calling I had a huge story ready to go, but they didn't even ask how it broke or how long I've had - just my address for the replacement part.

Anyway good luck.

I had actually thought about making a libby contempt by just cutting off the fingers and drilling through the power fist (destroying the bolter) and putting the BA kit halberd through that hole, then green stuff it closed.  It would give an effect very similar to our current dreadnought's force halberd.  You might need to re-pose the elbow, I'm not sure.  The only reason I didn't do this during GBBO (I found a second contemptor dreadnought at Half Price Books for $20ish) is that I'm not very skilled/experienced with that kind of thing and didn't want to practice on a model I would regret destroying.

Just looking in my bits box, I've got a Venerable Dread right fist which would make the process a lot simpler - this part http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/space-marine-venerable-dreadnought-fist-p-2442

Looks like it would fit perfectly on to the Contemptor wrist and arm.

I'd just need to drill/file enough away from the palm and fingers to slide some plastic tube in and make a halberd from plasticard.

Oh dear, another project...

Luckily I don't have a spare Contemptor lying around :biggrin.:

Thanks for the tips guys. Turns out I used the wrong kind of alcohol to thin and it coagulated with the paint and gooped it all up, haha.. Looks like I need to get some thinner to give it a good clean. If things goes wrong, well, it's just a NEO, I've been thinking of upgrading anyway..

I've got several airbrushes, but my Neo (pistol grip) is probably my favorite. It is relatively easy to clean (with the right cleaner!) and it's just so comfortable to use. Iwata costumer service is amazing too. If you find that you've broken any part of the airbrush just call them up. My first time calling I had a huge story ready to go, but they didn't even ask how it broke or how long I've had - just my address for the replacement part.

Anyway good luck.

Yeah I actually do like this Neo, even though I'm pretty rookie at airbrushes. I have a $10 pistol grip single action for spraying primer and ink, the Neo for everything else. I'm still tempted to get a BP-BH just to see what it can do... not sure if the difference is really that noticeable for my skill level tbh

gallery_40907_9492_100177.jpg

FYI, I didn't do any edge highlighting to get the model done quicker for my other hobby challenge I am doing. You will also notice that I am lacking the right nubby on the lastalon. I lost the part somewhere and I'm pretty certain it's lost for good.

Additionally, I actually magnetized the missiles and the lastalon so I can swap missile/heavybolters and the lastalon out. I also magnetized the bottom engines so I can represent a storm talon. The canopy wasn't swapped because I hate the way the stormtalon canopy looks. Figured I can just get away with using the jets and removing the front lastalon to make it count as.

First game with my IXth Legion list today, I'm up against Iron Warriors that has a Typhon and two Medusas... Oh, and ten Terminators each with cyclones...

I also bought the Command Tanks yesterday - you basically get a new sprue and a very nice transfer sheet in addition to a stock Rhino and Landraider kit.

gallery_40907_9492_100177.jpg

FYI, I didn't do any edge highlighting to get the model done quicker for my other hobby challenge I am doing. You will also notice that I am lacking the right nubby on the lastalon. I lost the part somewhere and I'm pretty certain it's lost for good.

Additionally, I actually magnetized the missiles and the lastalon so I can swap missile/heavybolters and the lastalon out. I also magnetized the bottom engines so I can represent a storm talon. The canopy wasn't swapped because I hate the way the stormtalon canopy looks. Figured I can just get away with using the jets and removing the front lastalon to make it count as.

Looking good! A storm hawk is next on my to buy list, glad to see they look good in red!

First game with my IXth Legion list today, I'm up against Iron Warriors that has a Typhon and two Medusas... Oh, and ten Terminators each with cyclones...

Damn that was tense. Haven't had a game like that for years. Utter carnage and the IW were routed!

Will get all three battle reports up asap.

Damn that was tense. Haven't had a game like that for years. Utter carnage and the IW were routed!

Will get all three battle reports up asap.

Sad I couldn't stick around to see the bulk of it! Congrats though.

At a crossroads at the moment. I need another unit for a May challege somewhere else and am torn between working on my 40k backlog or starting something not 40k related.

My hesitation is having stuff ready for the Salvation this year and ETL next year.

What do ya'll think?

I've currently got no plans to change the RTS format, so any half-completes will still be fine. It will remain casual too.

tl;dr do what you want :D

As for next year's ETL, I'm sure you'll have something suitable for it - no one is going to complete their collection anytime soon ;)