Three and a half weeks remain to affect the outcome of The Great Baalite Bake Off. If you haven't already, vote for your winner here.

YAY, dead last.

Someone had to be and besides, it's more like tenth out of 39 completions out of 70+ entries...

Three and a half weeks remain to affect the outcome of The Great Baalite Bake Off. If you haven't already, vote for your winner here.

YAY, dead last.

Someone had to be and besides, it's more like tenth out of 39 completions out of 70+ entries...

Oh sure, put a positive spin on it... :wink.:

I'm just stoked my interpretation of Seth was nominated. I was upfront about how I feel simplicity is key rather than getting *too* fancy. So what if I only have 2 votes. I'm more thrilled about the recognition than the other stuff. So I agree with the Reclusiarch's assessment. Cheers Spagunk! We've done our forum proud!

Edit for perspective; you are one of 10 finalist out of almost 100 entries in the entire world. Granted the forums population is somewhere in the thousands, it still puts you in a realm few can claim!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Any tips for drilling barrels? It appears my last attempt was awful (maybe doing it after 2300 wasn't the best idea...) Also, do you drill the barrel on grav weaponry?

Make a little indentation where you want the hole to be with the point of a craft knife. The guide hole makes the drill a hell of a lot more accurate.

This! Also never fully commit when you start drilling - go slowly and carefully then stop to see where the hole is ending up. You can make minor corrections to your positioning before you've gone too deep. Good luck!

My 2 cents on this: Don't immediately go for the drill bit when doing infantry weapons. Use the guide hole technique like Xenith says. Go very slow like Arkaniss says. Lastly, do a bit at a time to make sure you are still even and aren't drilling too far down.

As an aside, I've broken 3 of my drill bits I used as a poor mans pin vice. I really should get one since it makes this much easier on the fingers.

I am enjoying seeing everyone floating around with Disco Lemartes holding a wooden spoon in their sig.... :biggrin.:

Do wonder who will win the prestigious final badge though ;)

I think it is brilliant, and I too and am curious if there is a big upswing near the end. Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

What technique/magnets do you folks use to magnetize the weapon (like a pistol or a bolter with the hand already built in) to the arm joint?

-I've been using 2x1mm magnets to attach arms to shoulders, however no experience on wrist to hand (the 2x1mm magnets are also borderline too large for the joints..)

What technique/magnets do you folks use to magnetize the weapon (like a pistol or a bolter with the hand already built in) to the arm joint?

-I've been using 2x1mm magnets to attach arms to shoulders, however no experience on wrist to hand (the 2x1mm magnets are also borderline too large for the joints..)

2x1mm in the wrists works fine, I've used it for a few models such as my librarian:

Hidden Content
gallery_30308_10604_20406.jpg

The wrist part is easy, but there's more room a Marine hand than you might think. Just take it slowly especially with the pilot hole and you'll be fine. Try it out on some expendable hands to get the technique down :smile.:

My technique for PRECISION magnet drilling is as follows (and I use a 1/8" magnet...as opposed to a 1/16" in the wrist...the 1/16" does not have enough attraction for my liking).

1. Do a prick in the EXACT center with the head of pointy exacto blade.

2. Drill a pilot hole on this spot using the smallest drill head you have (I think mine is a 1mm?)

3.  THEN drill your actual hole over this.

So I bought the Spartan tracks\ sides off ebay a few weeks ago. I figured I could build the rest of the model out of plasticard that I bought probably 7 years ago but have never used. This past week more browsing and bidding on ebay got me a complete Spartan. I could still build a second Spartan but now I'm thinking I should use the Spartan parts as a template but make a Typhon or a Cereberus.

What you folks think? A second Spartan? A Typhon? Or a Cereberus?

If you've got one Spartan then look into one of the others I say.

Wait a couple weeks though, as they'll all have new 40k rules on release day it seems - Typhon could well move to something like 2D6 hits, with Templates going away!