My task for the next few days: 

Assemble an Anvillus Dreadclaw Drop Pod for my IX Legion. 

...as part of a swap/trade/exchange thingy, I had a friend "pay" me by agreeing to assemble this. After a few months he just handed me cash and gave it back to me unassembled after multiple attempts. 

Psyching myself up to get this thing built after that. 

I am finding motivation painting any of my 8th/9th Ed BA stuff even though I've been making so much progress. Hard to get motivated until there's a better picture of the 9th landscape. 

Today in BA.
Ordered the codex and 3 bottles of black paint I am nearly out of. 
Lots of progress over the last few days the 12 models I am working on are done with the reds and blacks, for the most part. 
Just have to finish them up now. Lots done!

I also just discovered BA's don't have Centurions. Had been thinking about 4 Assault Centurions briefly.

I think the stars aligned up or something. the Infantry boxes I was waiting on for my AM project went to the wrong post office and didn't arrive today. I think it happened so I would have more time to work on these models. And I made use of that time.:biggrin.: 
Hopefully I'll start building the Tactical warsuit tomorrow. 

Wondering about converting them with some of the old 2nd ed plasma pistols rather than buying the full kit. They are a bit chunkier and rounded compared to the modern slimline pistols. Think it'd work?

Provided you can make a neat cut on the DI models, it sounds like it could work.

Besides the fact that we're talking ya know terminators, aka traditionally "not good" in 8th...

...I kinda feel like Cataphractii or bust. 

If you're going for a charge from deep strike, then they are hands down the winners: everyone still has to make that 9" charge and Cataphractii get Power FIsts like the rest, can mix in some lighting claws if you feel so inclined (compare to regular Termies who have to give up shooting to get lightning claws), and can also bring combi-bolters, and then get the 2+/4++ to boot. 

Yes, they are far less mobile and yes they lack the better shooting options of Indomitus/Tartaros....but let's be real: their job is to warp in, charge something, and smack it to death with power/chain fists. Anything else is bonus. 

As long as storm shields stay the same, TH/SS Terminators are still the gold standard, but I almost consider them in a class of their own, so when it comes to "the rest of the terminators," I have trouble seeing any value beyond rule of cool for anything non-TH/SS, non-Cataphractii.

Change my mind. 

Wondering about converting them with some of the old 2nd ed plasma pistols rather than buying the full kit. They are a bit chunkier and rounded compared to the modern slimline pistols. Think it'd work?

The 2nd ed plasma pistols are maybe 1/3 the size of the inceptor plasma hand cannons - they're essentially an assault plasma cannon, and are about 2/3 the size of one of those. Id strap 2 plasma guns together, or use 2 plasma pistols at the least. Best might bethe plasma blastgun from the tartaros kit, but at this point it's cheaper to buy the actual kit!

Today in Ba.
Just finished assembling a Tactical Warsuit. differently not my favorite build. 
The other 12 verious Marines are all near the same level of done as of last night, just have to ad the metallic and dot the eyes and some small other details. 
I changed the armour color again with some airbrush paint mixed and brushed on as a thick wash, tented the red and I really like it. 
Will be putting the primer on the warsuit later today. 

Today in BA, hot off the presses.

gallery_40907_9492_790725.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_554820.jpggallery_40907_9492_895046.jpggallery_40907_9492_44488.jpggallery_40907_9492_910694.jpggallery_40907_9492_1041670.jpg

In HH terms, this is my Legion Command Squad with plasma pistols, power fists and combat shields (death masks). The banner guy just has a wrist mounted bolter for those that care. And an axe because I think they look cool!

40k wise, I've got three sanguinary ancients now in 40k terms. Gettin' a bit ridiculous but whatever, i don't care. :teehee:

Good stuff, @spagunk .

I’m miffed over the lack of Sanguinary Guard rules for 30kmso I refuse to use their models in any way*.

*besides my heavily converted Dawnbringers.

It's really funny because in the books they're all over the place. The line I heard was "they didn't do much in the heresy" and then they created a terminator unit out of the blue which...body guard the halls leading to Sanguinus???

Not to mention there's a whole bunch of Azkaellon stuff as well. But effectively they did nothing :teehee::rolleyes: