stumper muckstart, ratling sharpshooter!

hornywingythingy

So I'm reading a pdf of the 2nd edition ig codex, why do we not have this little nugget of awesomeness still? 45 points for a rattling who can shoot d3 times (picking his model target) or one shot with an additional d3 save modifier!

This codex has me so jealous, it's pretty darn awesome!

Dat guy was amazing! I miss him.

I used him in a small 1000 point game against an Ork player. Who, was convinced Stumper was going to kill his warboss.

He moved his warboss up the side of the board edge. the warboss had a displace field. Stumper shot and hit him. the boss displaced off the board! Best 45 points ever spent! 

That whole codex was very good. 

I dread to think of the game times of 2nd ed. This coming from a person that recently used 15 hours for 2 games of 40k in one go.

The other guy said that combat was much slower in 2nd ed... alltho psychic base is darn slow now when you use demons.

Ah old editions I never played 2nd but older vets handed down tales of cyclone launchers and mephiston with the quickening.

Some old editions had weird stuff anyone remember 3rd eds deamon prince? A toughness 4 MC.

Yep, I Own that chaos codex, it was pretty bad (hence the release of the glorious 3.5 Dex, still missed to this day!)

I'm just looking forward to playing some old school 40k, maybe pick up rogue trader too (I started in third, so have everything from that era on)

Yes the games may have taken longer to play. So the newer editions had that going to them for sure.  And close Combat....was very bad. When I miss second edition, what I really miss is when it was all new and exciting. I wish I had been older and had more money to get started then I was and did. 7th has just about the right feel to it. And my games take nearly 7 hours......or more. well maybe not that long.

I miss 2nd ed. I miss my company master being able to take vortex grenades. I miss my virus bombs. I miss my auxiliary grenade launchers on terminators. I miss my land raiders firing 4 lascanons a turn.(the twinlinked rule sucks) I miss most of all that GW was a company that cared about its customers more than its own greed. I played only my DA at the time and marines were the top dog in that edition(like they should be) so i maybe remembering things a little skewed. It may have been a little slower gaming but i think some of the game mechanics were better. Like how cover was applied to a shooters chance to hit instead of another save.(like it should be)

Archived