Scythes of the Emperor Chapter.

Redlead

There seems to be a few fair few Scythes armies around lately, and none of them have disappointed happy.png Very nice! But my fave units are the Ironclads wub.png

Thanks guys Im happy with how the Chapters turning out so far.

I've been a long time reader of B&C and a member for around 18 months but only really started posting in the last few weeks, I love the fact that B&C has other Scythes threads Aquilanus and I can tell you outside B&C forums Scythes love is pretty none existent.

Do you feel imtimidated............

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y369/farrarjamie/IMG_0888_zpsb4b5c921.jpg

Peason73, Brother Talon, Furoso-Prime and SickSix I really appreciate all your kind comments, thanks guys.

So then, I've been down to my local GW today to take part in Armies on Parade for the first time, preparing my board was a bit of a rush job to be honest but when I got asked a month ago to attend the event I thought why not as it gives me chance to crack on with those two Ironclads aswell as a few other units.

Anyway guys here's a few picks of my board and models I took with me.

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y369/farrarjamie/IMG_0924_zps692334ff.jpg

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y369/farrarjamie/IMG_0923_zpsf234da51.jpg

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y369/farrarjamie/IMG_0921_zpsc6dd3d22.jpg

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y369/farrarjamie/IMG_0922_zps658f7065.jpg

Thanks guys.

The Tech's a simple conversion deathguard101, the body is from a FW Iron Hand Immortal, left arm is from a master of the signal FW marine, right arm and Servo Harness are standard Thunderfire Cannon Tech's kit although I did replace the two bottom Servo arms on the Harness with some off a Servitor I had laying around just to make it slightly different.

Hope that helps man.

Yeah Yellow armours a real pain Psy-Crow but I've finally nailed down a method I can live with.

Thanks guys some lovely comments.

...........a Scythe off Mr Fist ?!?, you southern boys should really lay off the fizzy pop msn-wink.gif

Yeah a scythe off....I pledge you to paint a 5man squad in a month lol na only kidding bro, just nice to see another scythe thread too.

And wouldind if I used/borrowed the idea for the home made tech marine?

You will be lucky Dorns-fist I paint at a leisurely pace "cough lazy tw+t cough", however having said that I have cought the bug for this Armies on Parade thing and am already planning my board for next year so if you want to give that a blast?....should be fun.

IDEA, I would go for (with you bases and general run down appearance of your Scythes) a salvation squad themed board, make it look like a dormant bio-ship, it could look good and I've not seen it done before (you can have that for nothing tongue.png ).

Alternatively I fully intend to enter Greyhall's Mini in Ink comp again next time it's up on B&C, could be a while though as he has ten pic's to draw, you could enter aswell?, I must say though the stardard of your Scythes is very good and in my opinion only surpassed by Sebastian Stuarts Scythes so Im not sure you need the boost.

A guy down my local Games Workshop has already copied my Tech Marine so you wont be the first and to be honest my inspiration comes from others aswell, so yeah but the only caveat is that you must paint the Tech to an inferior standard to mine msn-wink.gif.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Vash113 biggrin.png.

Well watch this space as I've loads more to add, I'm going to paint a new 1850pt Scythes force in the new year for gaming and next years Armies on Parade, just working the list details out but already started on the HQ for the army.

The weather plays a big part over here this time of year dont know what its like for you guys over in the US and other places, I do my base coats with spray tins you see and the weather really mucks up the finish should really invest in a airbrush, anyway should hopefully have more content soon.

Glad to help mate, only thing I can add is that Its really easy as the IronHand Immortal comes in one piece , torso and legs together, so its just a matter of sticking the arms on in a position that looks like he's inputting targeting data, I kept the servo harness off and painted it separatley before gluing.

Hope that helps recon0321, if theres any specific thing that I've missed just ask fella msn-wink.gif .

Thanks guys.

The Tech's a simple conversion deathguard101, the body is from a FW Iron Hand Immortal, left arm is from a master of the signal FW marine, right arm and Servo Harness are standard Thunderfire Cannon Tech's kit although I did replace the two bottom Servo arms on the Harness with some off a Servitor I had laying around just to make it slightly different.

Hope that helps man.

Yeah Yellow armours a real pain Psy-Crow but I've finally nailed down a method I can live with.

Archived