Sisters and Knights

librisrouge

I've become somewhat bored with my Imperial Guard over the course of the last couple months and I'm considering selling some (not all) of them in order to acquire some Battle Sisters who will work with my Knights while the IG take the day off. I'm not sure, though, how to run then with three knights and I'd like the advice of the more experienced players.

NOTE: I'd only have room for something like 730 points after my three knights and one of the knights is the warlord.

I'm thinking about something like...

Celestian

Priest with Eviscerator or Power Maul x2

Battle Sister Squad x20 w/ Veteran, Meltabombs, Power Axe, Flamer, and Heavy Flamer

Seraphim x10 w/ Veteran, Meltabombs, Power Sword, and Twin Hand Flamers x2

The Battle Sisters would bubble wrap the Knights and provide some dakka while advancing to do some melee fun. The Seraphim would move up and try to hurt the enemy.

The other option is a mechanized sister group...something like.

Cannoness w/ Combi-Melta

Sister Squad x9 - Melta x2 and Combi-Melta in a Rhino

Sister Squad x10 - Melta x2 and Combi-Melta in a Rhino

Exorcist

There would be some points left, perhaps for some Dominions, but the basic idea is that they're there to pop transports and smack heavy infantry that might give the Knights a headache and waste time. The goal is to keep things cheap and hard hitting but the extra bolter sisters are there in case I need them to pull double duty and smack up some hordes.

Ideas on a small army of sisters to help some Knights out?

The biggest weakness of Knights is their relative inability to kill 2+ saves and vehicle spam at range.  Sisters have answers to that.

Sisters as Primary.

Saint Celestine

2 Priests

8 Sisters w/ 2 Melta Guns in Rhino

8 Sisters w/ 2 Melta Guns in Rhino

3x Exorcists

Knights in a second Primary detachment.

Knight Paladin

Knight Paladin

Knight Errant

Probably want to make the Knight Errant the Warlord for a guaranteed Senechal on that Thermal Cannon.  Just a list I knocked up in 2 minutes, but seems like a solid list.

Sisters of Battle are not typically a close combat army. They are, however, very good at close range.

Popping transports and killing heavy infantry, huh?

Try this

HQ: Canoness, rosarius, Eviscerator

Troop: 3 X Battle Sister Squad(5) with melta guns(2) in a Rhino

Heavy: 2 X Exorcists

Total = 730 points -- if I counted correctly and remember all the costs

They need the rides to be able to keep up with the mobility of your knights. Stay in the rhinos as long as you can. Think of them as mobile melta platforms. That should give you on average 13 S8 AP1 shots per turn. The Battle Sisters' Act of Faith gives them Preferred Enemy for 1 phase and the Canoness' Act of Faith gives her unit Hatred for one phase. Use them the first chance you get because if you try to hold them for something special you will either forget to use the Act of Faith or will lose the squad before they can act.

As it's an Allied detachment, how about something like this maybe?

• Canoness

2x Inferno Pistol  Rosarius  The Mantle of Ophelia 

•  

• Battle Sister Squad 

4x Battle Sisters 2xMeltagun 

• Immolator 

Shield of Faith

Dozer Blade, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta

• Sister Superior 

Chainsword, Combi-Melta,  Melta Bombs 

• Dominion Squad 

4x Dominions  4x Meltagun 

• Dominion Superior 

Chainsword, Combi-Melta, Melta Bombs 

• Immolator 

Shield of Faith

Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta

• Penitent Engine Squadron
  •  
  • 3x Penitent Engine

Canoness join's either squad In Immo's dependent on taste, most likely the Dominion's. Penitent Squadron may actually make it into hand to hand due to Knight's attracting all the fire.

A full on all out close range AP1 allied hammer.

Archived