Emerging Threat -- Deep-Striking Wraith Guard with D-Scythes

L30n1d4s

Scatterless DS solves one part of the problem, but there still remains the issue of reserves failing to come in, and enemy reserve disruption. Until you solve at least 2 out of those 3, DS still remains unreliable for consistent, long term play such as that found in 4+ round tournaments. Otherwise armies like Deathwing, GK teleporting, and DoA BA would have been far more popular than they have been in the past few years.

It's also the reason drop pods have been so popular, as they circumvent mishaps and can guarantee 50%+ arriving, and on turn one which is even better than normal DS.

If your entire army is arrivign by DS, sure.

If it's one squad, that will ruin your opponent whenever it does come in, that's different.

You can take the risk the unit won't come in until turn 3.

If (like a NSF) you have the majority of your army in DS reserves, that's a totally different situation and problem.

Autarch brings very good reserve manipulation, and is cheap, most will be eldar primary, de allies, so they have the spare hq too. Thing is it might not be the most crushing unit all the time vs all the things, but for 500 points they still have a lot of other bits to the army to screw you over with.

Couple days ago - playing against 7th ed. Deldar, my opponent Deep Struck a Venom with Fire Dragons next to my Knight.

It hit my Knight for 4 HP in one turn (and realistically could have killed it if rolls were different). So it is certainly a threat.

But no different than Drop Pod Sternguard w/Combi Melta, Chaos Termis w/Combi Melta, Crisis Suits w/all Fusion, or Scion Command w/quad Melta, etc.

15272520167_b02f724590_z.jpg

Pic of his Fire Dragons disembarked later

15254904760_54d33440e0_z.jpg

Archived