Zombie hunting Regiment

Tiger9gamer

I think pure IG might be better, but for fluff reasons an Inquisitor turning up to prepare the defences against a zombie incursion would be cool smile.png

Begs the question - Ordo Malleus, Ordo Hereticus? Ordo Xenos even?

Also - hope you don't mind if I steal your Zombie idea for my Halloween diorama.

I think pure IG might be better, but for fluff reasons an Inquisitor turning up to prepare the defences against a zombie incursion would be cool smile.png

Also - hope you don't mind if I steal your Zombie idea for my Halloween diorama.

go right ahead! this is a musing about a far off project so have fun! and for the inquisition It's either Ordo MAlleus for the demon influence or these guys http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Ordo_Sepulturum

Priests! Zombie hunters need priests to keep spirits up. Flamers, heavy flamers, and hellhounds for sure.

EDIT:  I did this for shotguns (got the idea elsewhere):

meltavetsFIN

I think you can just see them in the back row.

Wyverns would be better suited to that role, though Bassies are very cool. (That massive minimum range makes them too awkward to play for me, though.)

Direct fire still works right?

Banewolf will melt the faces off zombies well, including melting everything else they have too :P

I wouldn't be overly worried about the FnP denial if you can compensate with rate of fire.

A heavy bolter will knock down just as many zombies as an autocannon for example.

Chimera seem perfect for this army, good weapons and the little side guns will see actual use.

Multi laser Sentinels might be the perfect counter, as they'll easily kill them at range and can kite them around the board. Plus you're safe even if they do assault you. Could use armoured versions for a more realistic theme.

Lastly I think a Valkyrie would be fun. Rocket pod death.

All great ideas! the guard ideas are slowly coming together. Going to make a larger list with just vets and guardsmen. I'm thinking that the world they come from is still civilised but with zombies a constant threat so things like wyverns are better for less colateral damage. is that a good idea?

First this is the threat you face

http://nockergeek.net/media/games_day_2013/AoP_zombie_attack.jpg

Also please avoid flame throwers. 

Zombies=bad, Zombies on fire=worst. 

Also plasma and high strength weapons are useful because they would outright destroy zombies but usually have plague marines and death guard behind them, so that would help.   

I think pure IG might be better, but for fluff reasons an Inquisitor turning up to prepare the defences against a zombie incursion would be cool :)

Ordo Sepulturum, the Ordo minoris dedicated to fighting the plague zombie infection would probably work.

Purely from a fluff perspective, A zombie hunting army also needs special weapons teams. Squads of demo and flamer guys cleaning up spots of hard zombie resistance. Possibly snipers in high places providing cover fire.

Sentinels. Ok, I just like sentinels in any list.

Command squads should have medics to "treat" those who get bitten. Maybe carapace.

Archived