Pride of the legion imperial fists

jeremy1391

So I decided to make a rather straight forward pride of the legion list to start running in my local area mainly for fun and since I already have the models I need. This is what I came up with that is balanced and fun yet packs a decent offensive punch. What do you all think?

Alexis Pollux 165 (deep strikes in with the melta squad)

The first two tactical squads will be shooting on the move and most likely be using the sniper skill for the sheer awesome of hitting on twos and always wounding on fours plus diet rending on 6's

9 Veterans: 2× Heavy bolter; Nuncio-vox; Legion vexilla; Legion Veteran Sergeant (Power fist; Artificer armor) 285

• Legion Rhino Armored Carrier

9 Veterans: 2× Heavy bolter; Nuncio-vox; Legion vexilla; Sniper; Legion Veteran Sergeant (Power fist; Artificer armor) 285

• Legion Rhino Armored Carrier

My home campers, these two squads will either use tank hunter or fearless mainly.

9 Veterans: 2× Missile launcher (Flakk missiles); Nuncio-vox; Legion vexilla; Legion Veteran Sergeant (Combi-plasma; Artificer armor) 310

9 Veterans: 2× Missile launcher (Flakk missiles); Nuncio-vox; Legion vexilla; Tank Hunters; Legion Veteran Sergeant (Combi-plasma; Artificer armor) 310

These guys deep strike with Pollux and slag any enemy armor the come across

9 Veterans: 2× Melta gun; Melta bombs; Legion vexilla; Tank Hunters; Legion Veteran Sergeant (Combi-melta; Power fist) 290

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius 115

Legion Vindicator: Dozer blade; Armored ceramite; Machine spirit 170

2,000 points

When in doubt I will use the sniper skill because wow! Pride lists with IF legion traits are now scary.

Well, he is loaded on Power Fists. So really, if he gets into CC with a Tank he has a fair shot at killing them. Also, Meltabombs still have armorbane. Something Armored Ceramite doesn't counter.

Also, you could replace one Tac Vet squad with a Terminator Squad with a Chain Fist in it for more vehicle chewing.

I will be purchasing some cataphracti terminators soon and will figure out how to squeeze them in.

AV14, armored ceramite and Spartans aren't prevalent in my AO. So loading up on high strength anti armor is t really needed. This will be playing against mainly 40k armies and a few infantry heavy heresy armies.

Archived