House Pelletier Walks - A WIP

librisrouge

Well, if the relic rumors and rumored point costs, are right, I really know my list for 1850 stomp and smash fun.

Exalted Court Formation (Makes every knight the old seneschal and one knight gets +2 WS/BS)

High King Warden (Warlord) - Reaper Chainsword, Avenger Gatling Bolt Cannon, and Sanctuary (combines with formation rules for a +5 shield on non-chosen sides)

Knight Paladin - Reaper Chainsword and Repeater Battle Cannon

Knight Paladin - Reaper Chainsword and Repeater Battle Cannon

Knight Casigator - Tempest Blade and Castigator Pattern Bolt Cannon

Knight Gallant - Reaper Chainsword, Big 'ol Fist, and Meltagun

I was very, very, tempted by the Baronal Court for Counter-Attack and Overwatch, but the fact that my warlord is a lot more secure AND accurate with his main weapon sealed the deal for me. Under normal circumstances, the Baronal Courts bonuses are probably better but, since I'm playing purely knights, I have to worry about the fact that my knights are going to have to operate on their own a lot, so they cannot stick together enough to really benefit from the Ionic Shieldwall rule. Plus, I'm packing enough direct fire weapons on just two of my knights to make the +1 BS worth it. The Gallant is present because he is cheap enough to make fielding five knights a possibility.

After these guys are ready, I'll probably start preparing some IG allies for smaller games. I'm considering ebaying the bits to pick up two more Icarus Arrays and field the anti-flyer formation called the Skyreaper Lance (the Icarus Arrays basically gain Tank Hunter and Monster Hunter versus flyers and FMCs but you have to take three knights with Icarus Arrays, worth it.) Even with only three autocanons of anti-air, I wouldn't have to worry so much and the three knights can back up a fairly OK mechanized IG force.

Now to wait and see how national tournaments react, since I really, really would like to go to one eventually.

That's a good choice.  Exalted Court is much more general-purpose while Baronal Court is defensive.  You don't necessarily want to focus on being defensive with Knights - with so few models on the table, you want to be the one controlling the action and not reacting to it.

Is there a reason you chose a Castigator over a second Warden?  If you already have the Castigator, that's fine.  The Warden is 5 points cheaper and has a Destroyer weapon - which is why I would generally prefer it.

EDIT:  Nevermind, looking back over your thread I see that you already have the Castigator.  No big deal!

Edited by CommodusXIII

The Castigator has a few advantages over the Warden. Probably the biggest is the Cerastus chassis, granting both flank speed and an extra attack. On top of that, the Casigator Bolt Cannon and Avenger Gatling Cannon are similar enough that the differences are minor, though the Castigator has a small advantage against flyers and FMCs, something the list can really benefit from. Lastly, the Castigator provides a type of anti-horde most knights don't in the form of is tempest blade's special attack. I'd gladly throw that knight into a big horde of orks (providing it only had 1-2 klaws) and be safe in the knowledge that he will kill about 20 a turn, which is fun as heck to watch.