help vs necrons and daemons

fabambina

With forward sentries a Veteran squad could set up in cover with their Lascannon and be fairly resilient thanks to the enhanced cover save sentries provides. You can have the heavy weapon team towards the rear so the lasgun models take the first shots coming in and use their BS4 to reliably blast away with the lascannon heavy weapon team. Not a bad support squad for low points and even better if they can sit on an objective :)

Being a Necron player I would agree with a lot of the advice here... I'd also add the Wraiths though on the look out list. I have had squads of tanks blow up to my squads of Wraiths because of Strength 6 (rending) on the back armour.

In simplest forms I'd recommend (as others have said) using your range advantage as long as possible. Shooting down all the assaulty stuff you can see until you have to put up with the ranged stuff getting into 24".

Weapons I hate as a Necron:

1. Wyverns. Seriously, just super annoying and they can snipe characters. Very cheap

2. Deathstrike. Crazy weapon.

3. Eradicator

4 The one with 4 missiles fires for 4 turns. (I can't remember the name even though I own one. lol)

Flyer defense is something I usually see with Astra and it's strong for them.

As a Necron player if I were making a list purely for Astra (list tailoring) I would scarab farm, and go to town on the Gauss weapons.  I always take 2 Ghost arks with warriors and together those are a tough nut to crack.

Astra players kind of ignore it too long because it's a slow moving barge with AV13. But the trick is you just have to Penetrate it. Then it's useless (AV 11) and since it's open topped it goes down hard and fast.

as warriorfish said, that veteran squad is taking a lascannon and can reliably do some dammage while hiding in cover. forward sentries gives them all camo cloaks so +1 to your cover save. set them up in a building and they'll have 2+ cover! the lascannon was just to fill in an AT role, which my 750 pts list seemed to miss a little bit, but any heavy weapon will do really

Archived