Miriael Sabathiel - hobby advice needed (heresy inside)

jacqualine47

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about making a CSM force led by Miriael Sabathiel (Only SoB to ever fall to Chaos - became a champion of Slannesh)... I already know all the lore out there (not much), but was hoping that you guys could help me out with some ideas.  I figure the Sisters forum is the place to ask since most people in the CSM forum wouldn't even know who Miriael is.

I need a personal symbol for her black crusade (like something to go on her followers' shoulder pads and on Rhino doors) - obviously the Slannesh symbol will be prominent in the army, but this is more like a badge saying "Miriael sent me")

The easiest idea I had was to invert a Fleur d'lys - but I wasn't sure if that was enough or if something else should be done to it.  I want it to be something that emphasizes that she is mocking the Sisterhood with her dark crusade, but I'm not sure if an inverted Fleur is the way to go.

Oh, and just to say - she will be the only actual fallen sister - no other Chaos sisters in the army cause those don't exist and would detract from her fluff.

What do you guys think on Miriael's personal army badge?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a thought, depending on how 'adult' you want to make it... 

I can see an inverted fluer de lis becoming corrupted into a form more, shall we say... Organic? And more in keeping with the lord of pleasure's perversion? I think that would make a good point. Like telling the galaxy to stuff it, as it were... I don't want to go too much further and risk the mods thinking I'm being childish. I think it could actually look really effective. You could even be a bit abstract, so people look at it and say "Uh, is that what I think it is?" 

Using an inverted fleur de lys would be like those who use an inverted cross to thumb their nose at Christianity without realising that's Saint Peter's symbol, who asked to be crucified upside down because he felt he wasn't worthy of sharing Jesus' martyr.

I'd suggest the normal fleur de lys with the eight arrows of chaos sticking out from underneath it, precisely to emphasize they were sent by She Who Must Not Be Named to cock a snook at the uptight Adepta Sororitas.

What about modfying the slaanesh symbol
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100730195156/warhammer40k/images/c/c3/Mark_slaanesh.png
and replacing the upper right portion with a fleur?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Fleur_de_lys_%28or%29.svg/150px-Fleur_de_lys_%28or%29.svg.png

Such that it looks like the Fleur is erupting out of the bulb.

Or maybe the chaos star, with the upper right spike extended into a fleur, so that it ties visually to the slaanesh symbol? 
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130323195529/warhammer40k/images/7/75/MarkofSlaanesh2.jpg

Best place to look would be her original card art.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/c/c3/Miriael.jpg

... oddly, when googling "miriael sabathiel card", two of the results are my avatar.

I think there are a lot of options and like has been said, it depends on how you want to go with it. While the "adult" side of things seems like it might go over well, depending on how it was handled, I think sticking to something like the others have said would be best. Something with and upside down symbol, or cross over symbol that would be more fitting in how GW has set up fluff for most heretics.

I think there's more mileage in corrupting the order symbol than the fleur-de-lys. Actually, looking at the card art that isn't Miko's avatar, that seems to be what Sabathiel herself has done, although the stats etc rather obscure the icon she's wearing.

Archived